FOURTEEN: KARMA'S A WITCH

The Salvatore siblings pulled themselves up, their minds set on their mission

The Salvatore siblings pulled themselves up, their minds set on their mission. Nate reached into his nightstand, pulling out their talismans. He tossed Alexandra hers before putting on his own. Alex clasped the choker around her neck, feeling her magic surge. "It's not much but I still feel something" She said, referring to her grip on magic. Usually when a witch died, they lost their ability to do magic. But since Hope's blood was so unique and the siblings descended from Silas, it seemed they had somehow retained their magic. It didn't feel like much but it was better than nothing. Alex walked over to the door, attempting to open it. "It's spelled shut" She concluded. The two joined hands, putting their other hand out towards the door. "Un vis porta" They chanted. The door lightly popped open.

The two were just about to step out into the hallway when Nate put his arm out in front of Alex, making her stop abruptly. "Do you hear that?" He asked. First, she just heard one voice. Then it turned to three. Then it just kept multiplying. They were hearing people all over the school. It was just one of the characteristics of being a vampire in transition. She could hear Hope's voice. "Hope. She's above us" Alexandra said. "I can hear her, too. Let's go" Nate said. "Wait, we need to cloak ourselves. This is gonna draw eyes" She motioned to their blood stained clothes. "My favorite t-shirt ruined" He said, sickeningly pulling at his grey t-shirt. "You have twelve other t-shirts just like that one. I think you'll be okay" Alex rolled her eyes. "Ok but this one was most comfortable" Nate argued. "Just say the damn spell" She demanded, taking his hand.

"Avertas oculos a mortuis vivificabit et" Once they recited the spell, they stepped out of Nate's room, shutting the door. "How do we know if it worked?" Nate asked. A group of three girls cane around the corner, walking straight towards them as if they weren't standing in the middle of the hallway. They were still holding hands as they moved to the side, out of the way. "Guess it did" Alex said, "C'mon." She pulled her brother up the stairs. From there, they followed from the direction that they could hear Hope's voice in. She was in their bedroom and she wasn't alone. "Absolutely not" They heard Emma say. "This elixir has been in my family for years. Dr.
Saltzman said that I-" She cut Hope off. "Dr.
Saltzman, bless him, is not a medical doctor.
Nor am I. And most definitely neither are you. The division between the two sides of Rafael's mind exists for a reason: to protect his sanity and to-" Though her heart was no longer beating, Alexandra felt like her heart had stopped. What was wrong with Rafael?