TWELVE: ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY

"Hello, lover boy" Alexandra appeared in the boy's room, standing behind Rafael who was working at his desk

"Hello, lover boy" Alexandra appeared in the boy's room, standing behind Rafael who was working at his desk. Rafael jumped, swinging around to look at his girlfriend. "I don't think I'll ever get used that" He laughed and stood. Rafael walked over to Alex, reaching his hands up to kiss her. As his hands reached her face, Rafael's hands fell through her body, making his eyes widen. "Yeah, I'm not actually here. I'm astral projecting but I the look on your face was priceless" Alexandra broke into a fit of laughter as she walked through the boy to sit on his bed. She crossed her legs before throwing her hair over her shoulders. "Come to my room for a surprise. And bring a towel!" Alex blew him a kiss before her projection disappeared into thin air. "Yeah, I'm never getting used to that" Rafael rubbed his hands over his face.

He grabbed a towel off the back of the door before heading downstairs to Alexandra's room. He found the girl sitting on her bed, dressed in a blue and white striped dress. When she saw him, her eyes lit up. She rolled off her bed and bounced over to the boy. "My hands aren't gonna fall through you this time, right?" Rafael asked. "No, I'm all here. Flesh and bones" Alex wrapped her arms around Rafael's neck and kissed the boy. He kissed her back, keeping his hands securely on her waist. "So why did you tell me to bring a towel?" He asked. "That is a surprise but your dressed perfectly for the occasion" She said taking in his outfit. He was dressed in his usual t-shirt, cargo shorts, and sneakers. "And what occasion might that be, hmm?" Rafael smiled, bringing the girl closer. Alexandra picked up a tote bag, making sure that her boyfriend could not see the contents that it held inside.

"Close your eyes" She said. Rafael shook us head and and closed his eyes, keeping his hands around her waist. Alex held onto his arms, focusing her mind on her necklace to channel its power. Before they knew it, they were beneath the suns rays and could hear seagulls flying around them. Rafael opened his eyes and realized they were at the beach. "Ta-da!" Alex spread her arms out wide. "This is-How did you...Where are we?" He asked. "You, fine sir, are looking at Virginia Beach. Just a couple miles away from Mystic Falls" She said. "Xan, this is amazing" Rafael picked her up. "I try my best. Now" Alex pulled her dress over her head to reveal a bikini, "Race you to the water!" The girl took off down the beach practically diving into the ocean. Rafael pulled off his shirt and chased after the girl. He joined her in the water as she floated on her back.

The two played around and swam in the beautiful ocean for an hour or two until their fingers were wrinkled. After they were about finished, they went and sat in the sand. Alexandra sat in between Rafael's legs, leaning against his chest. "This was the perfect start to spring break" Rafael said. "Agreed" Alex smiled. "Are you going anywhere this break?" He asked. "Nate and I usually go home but we just saw our parents not too long ago. If we do go home, it won't be today so we can spend break together. You should come. You can meet my parents" She said. "Your parents? You want me to meet your parents?" Rafael asked. "Of course I do. You're my boyfriend, Raf" Alex said. "Ok. I wanna meet your parents" He said. "Great" The girl clapped her hands together, "They're gonna love you." Alexandra looked at her phone to see the time. "We should probably get back to the school. I wish we could stay here forever" She said.