ELEVEN: IT'S OKAY TO LOVE THEM BOTH

Around 5 am, Hope shook her best friend awake

Around 5 am, Hope shook her best friend awake. "Alex, get up! The barrier spell worked - it trapped a monster" She said. "It's too early for this, dude. I need my beauty sleep. The talent show is tomorrow" Alex murmured, not even bothering to move. "C'mon. We're in this together" Hope pulled the girl up out of her bed. Alex moaned and groaned as she tried to make herself feel heavy so Hope couldn't move her but she forgot about the girl's strength. "Fine" She rolled her eyes, stepping into her grey bunny slippers and throwing on a sweatshirt, "Let's go." Alex took one of her dark knives just in case. The two girls met Alaric and Dorian at the door, each armed with a different weapon. They walked through the woods to wear Hope had set up the trap. "I know this isn't important, but you couldn't have put pants on first?" Hope asked Alaric. "It's a little early for snark, Hope" He said.

"Yeah, too early" Alex mumbled while rubbing at her eyes. "Any guess on what monster from film land we get to slay today?" Dorian asked. "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu" Alaric scoffed. They continued to walk until they heard a horse sputter. Dorian our his arm out, "False alarm. It's just a horse." They walked towards the white animal that was standing by the urn. "Must've gotten out of the stables and went across the barrier spell" Alaric said. "Except we don't have a white horse" Alex responded. The horse turned to reveal a horn sticking out of its head. The animal began to approach causing by Alaric and Dorian to raise their weapons. Hope stepped in front of them. "Hold your fire" She said. "It's a monster, Hope. It's here to take the artifact" Dorian said. "You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn?" Hope asked. "I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute" He replied.

"Can't we just...leave it alone?" She asked, "It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless." "Agreed" Alex clapped her hands together, "Now I'm going back to sleep." The girl transported right back into her bed, kicking her slippers off. She quickly fell asleep. Hope came in a couple of minutes later and climbed into Alex's bed causing her to stir a little. "The unicorn?" Alex questioned half-sleep. "Alive" Hope responded, closing her eyes. "Good" Alex said, going back to sleep. In the morning while the girls were still sleep, a slug that attached itself to Hope's leg slowly crawled up her nose. Once it was inside her and replicated, the other one slid across their pillows and into Alex's ear. She slapped at her ear, the sensation irritating her. After a second, she and Hope opened their eyes. They looked at each other before smiling and jumping out of bed to get ready for the day. They went to their separate closets, flicking through clothes to decide what to wear.

Hope settled upon her usual uniform while Alex put on a yellow skirt and blue sweater with her usual white sneakers. "You know what would be totes' adorbs'?" Alex asked, turning around to face Hope. "If we matched our hair?" Hope's face lit up. "Yes!" Alex agreed. "I was thinking the exact same thing!" Hope replied as they hopped up and down together, clapping their hands. The girls curled their hair lightly, putting half up into a ponytail and leaving their front bangs out.  When they were finished, they grabbed their bags and went to the main room where they found Landon and Rafael sitting. "Morning, handsome" Hope said, taking a seat next to Landon. Alex went and sat on the arm of Rafael's chair, laying her legs across his lap. In return, he placed a hand on the small of her back and on her legs to insure that she wouldn't fall. "Good morning" She smiled, kissing his cheek.