THREE: BURN BABY BURN

Later that night, Hope found Alex in the Stefan Salvatore Memorial

Later that night, Hope found Alex in the Stefan Salvatore Memorial. If anyone could figure out what Landon took, it would be her. She knew the room like the back of her hand. Examining the display cases, she discovered that an old knife from the 12th century was the item that was taken. But all of the cases had alarms so why wasn't this one triggered. Though she had read the majority of the books in the library, she began to re-read the older ones to see if there was any mention or references to the knife. After a few hours spent reading, Alex had fallen asleep.

"Xan?" Hope shook the girls arm lightly, taking a seat next to her. "Huh? What?" Alex's head snapped up. "You were almost drooling in..." She picked up the book and read the cover, "The Brotherhood of The Five: The World's First Hunters." Alex wiped her mouth, nodding. "I had just gotten to the part where Alexander daggers your Aunt Rebekah. I must have fallen asleep. Anyway, what's up?" She said. "I need your help to do a locator spell on Landon" Hope said. "What does it require?" She asked. "Dark magic" The older girl answered. "I'm in" Alex said.

"Just like that?" Hope asked. "Just like that. When my best friend calls, I answer" She said, closing the book and putting it back on the shelf, "What else does the spell require?" "Blood and a grimoire" Hope said. "Ok, blood makes me queasy so new plan. We're gonna use my spell which does not require bodily substances. But, we're gonna need some help" Alex said. "Meaning?" Hope asked. "We're gonna need Josie and my brother. The spell requires traveler magic and fire. You can harness our power and Josie can siphon it" She explained. "Alright. Let's get to it" Hope nodded.

The two girls stole a metal bowl from the kitchen before getting the grimoire from Alex's room. They walked to Nate's room on the third floor and knocked on his door. The brown wooden door swung open revealing the boy who sat on his bed reading a magazine. His eyes looked up, settling upon Hope. "Hope Mikaelson. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Nate smirked, sitting up. "I'm also here" Alex waved as if she was invisible to him. "Yeah Yeah. What do you need help with?" He asked. "How do you know we need help?" Hope asked. Nate raised his left eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest. "Ok, we do need help. We're casting a locator spell to find Landon" Hope explained.

"The kid who stole the knife from the family library?" He asked. "Yeah. And the spell requires traveler magic: i.e. me and you" Alex explained. "And what do I get out of it?" Nate asked. "How about I keep the fact that your failing elemental sciences between you and me and not tell Mom?" Alex shrugged. "Sorry little sis, I already filled her in" He said. "I will finally go on that date that you've been asking me about for the past three years" Hope said. "You've got a deal" Nate said, standing up. "Well c'mon, we've still got one more person to collect" Alex said referring to Josie. Nathaniel threw on a maroon Salvatore sweatshirt before they all went down to the lower floor to talk to Josie.

When they arrived, her door was open. She was alone in the room, fixing her bed. They thought it best that Alex talk to her alone first since she didn't get along with Nate or Hope. Nate dated Lizzie when she was 15 and he was 16. He broke up with the girl months later, deeming her as selfish and self-absorbed. This would be days before Nathaniel and Penelope bonded over their distaste for the blonde Gemini witch and became best friends. "Hey Jos" Alex walked in the room, waving. "Hey Alex, what's up?" Josie asked. "I kinda need your help" She said. "We need your help" Hope said, appearing at the doorway with Nate. "Three words more than your annual average. Find someone else" Josie dismissed.