Part Twenty One

When Abraxsis and Lúthien landed in front of the Lonely Mountain, it caused a stir in the city of Dale. Everyone was worried that there would be a battle between the dwarves and the dragon, there had been prophecies about it. But their worries were put to rest when flames didn't break out later on.

The dwarves of Erebor were well aware of their arrival. The Royal guards had alerted King Thror and about two dozen of them came to greet them in front of the gates.

Abraxsis remained in his dragon form when they came walking out of the mountain. One dwarf, bigger than the others with tattoos on his head made his way over to them. He warned Lúthien to proceed with caution as he lowered her on to the ground.

"Who are yee and what business do you have here?" The dwarf asked, reaching for his axe. Abraxsis immediately snarled, keeping a watchful eye on him.

"My name is Lúthien, I am an ally of King Thranduil of the Woodland Realm. I come seeking an audience with King Thror."

"What did yee say your name was lass?"

"I'm Lúthien and this is my companion Abraxsis." He didn't respond

"Will you allow us to proceed?"

"Aye, he's been expecting you, come along." Lúthien lifted a brow and turned to Abraxsis

"Well lets go." She said waving him over

"He'll have to remain out here for the time being. I'm afraid he's too large to enter." They both looked at one another, trying not to roll their eyes

"Trust me, his size won't be a problem." He shifted into his human self right away, the golden eyes burning into the dwarf's soul

"What did you say your name was?" Lúthien asked

"Dwalin."

*+*

Thror had been sitting on his throne when they arrived, but immediately stood up when he realized it was Lúthien. The dwarf King outstretched his arms and gave her the strongest embrace she had ever had in her entirely life.

"Welcome Lúthien of the Woodland Realm!"

"Thank you for having me, I understand that this is all very sudden." She said bowing in respect

"You sent word about an evil sorceress?"

"Indeed, her plan is to infest the kingdoms one by one until she's taken over everything."

"Dear child, you and your friend must be starving from your long journey. Let us discuss this important matter over supper. We shall throw a feast in honor of our guests!"

"Oh, that won't be necessary."

"Nonsense, it is our custom to throw feasts in honor of new guests!" He announced merrily as he descended his throne

"You both are welcome here in the kingdom of Erebor."

Lúthien didn't realize it at the time, but the younger dwarf standing beside the King was his grandson, Thorin. The resemblance was more than obvious, so when he approached her it immediately snapped into her mind.

"Prince Thorin." She immediately began to bow, but he stopped her

"Dragon rider, you are most welcome here."

"Thank you, I'm happy to have gotten the chance to see this place. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before."

"When we received word that Middle Earth was in grave danger, we've been preparing for the worst. How intense do you think this situation will become?"