Part Thirty

Lúthien and Abraxsis watched from above as dwarves spilled out from within in the mountain. Thorin and his inner circle rode out on large mountain goats, Thranduil riding a lean stallion.

From above, spotting his unique golden hair wasn't too difficult. She imagined it'd be harder to find him once the fighting started.

If he didn't make it out alive, she swore to destroy them all.

Closer and closer the enemy approached and by the time the sun was completely in the sky they had arrived. She was ready.

"You're the greatest friend I've ever had." She said to Abraxsis "Thank you."

Almost immediately afterwards, Thorin lifted his sword into the air and pointed it toward the horizon. That was when the horns were blown, the loud noise ringing in everyone's ears.

"For Middle Earth!!!" He bellowed

"For Middle Earth!!!" His men repeated

And with that, Abraxsis neared the edge of the cliff and pushed off the edge. As he fell through the air he held in his wings to build up speed. Before they reached the ground his wings shot out, carrying them further away from Thorin's army.

As they glided through the air Lúthien could see Thranduil riding below, the wind ripping back his beautiful hair. But they couldn't remain there for long, they need altitude and with a shift in his wings they ascended higher into the air.

"Thranduil is on the front lines, surely they'll be hit harder than anyone else." A voice in Lúthien's mind whispered

She didn't want to think like that, it'd only distract her from what needed to be done.

"Fuck off." She said to no one but herself

To keep her mind from wandering, she took the bow strapped to her saddle and loaded a few arrows. It wasn't much, but it'd do something.

She could feel the air growing thin, and afterwards the sensation of Abraxsis's body falling through the air. It was time. They'd be diving into the from lines of the enemy.

Lúthien thought about him, the feeling of his body pressed to hers. His warmth and his love. And especially how destroyed she'd be if she had to live without him. She channeled all this energy, taking advantage of her abilities and fused her magic into her weapons.

So when they descended, she readied her bow, pulling back three arrows. Finally when they were close enough, Abraxsis shook the earth with his mighty roar. Fire shot from his mouth, completely blasting the front lines of the orc army back, leaving a trail of flames and corpses. Lúthien shot from the side, her arrows finding their mark in the earth, obliterating anything within a twenty foot radius. Almost like a bomb.

Thranduil could see this, the blasts coming from the arrows Lúthien shot. She was using her magic despite the fact that she nearly burnt out. She'd destroy herself? After everything they'd been through? It wasn't possible. She wouldn't-couldn't. Lúthien could not leave him behind.

Soon after Thranduil required his focus to slash the orcs who attempted to bring him down. Luckily he was skilled in fighting with not one but two swords. Twins, identical in every way and perfectly balanced. The perfect weapons, one for each hand. Though in his heart he hoped that Lúthien wouldn't leave him.

As he managed to fend off many orcs, in the corner of his eye Thranduil saw the dwarf king go down. His mount shot to the ground, throwing Thorin to the floor. Though he had tumbled and found his footing again, swinging and punching, refusing to give in. His circle was instantly at his side, defending him at all costs.