Clothes a.f.i

The first couple of times Ashton asked you for fashion advice, you thought he was joking. In all seriousness, he wasn't kidding one bit. He showed that he was fully captivated in the idea of starting a new era, which included swapping out some of his signature items with replacements. Appearances of tank tops and bandanas were slowly replaced with button-up shirts and Doc Martins. Every time he pieced an outfit together, he would always ask for your opinion, earning him a grin. You found it super cute and endearing when he would include you in his wardrobe decisions.

After a few times of assisting Ash at a fancy retailer who's name you could barely pronounce, he admitted he was too nervous to ask the other boys for fashion advice. Personally knowing the boys, you could understand where he was coming from. He was too concerned about being dressed in something he didn't feel like himself in. Each boy had their own style and Ashton wanted to uniquely express his own. You felt there was a little pressure hanging over your head whenever you assisted, but you easily grasped the concept of your boyfriend's style.

In the past week, Ashton had been quiet in regards to his fashion, which made you assume the worst. You were afraid you had suggested something that he didn't care for and he slowly stopped asking for your help. Your stomach turned at the thought of not being able to assist your boyfriend with something he was so open to share with you. It had been something you two had bonded over whenever you had the chance.

"(Y/N), I'm home, babe," Ashton hollered, pulling you out of your thoughts. You were in the living room, sulking while wrapped in a blanket. Ashton quickly greeted you with a kiss on the cheek and set his bags down next to the chair you were occupying. There was a positive energy radiating off his dimpled smile and carried through the room, but seemed to end at you. You couldn't take it much longer so you blurted your feelings out.

"Ash, why haven't we planned some of your outfits lately?" You could feel the pout forming on your face. He grinned goofily, thoroughly confusing you.

"Well, I have a surprise for you, love. You know how you've been helping me these past few months? I went shopping by myself today. It was honestly really hard, but I kept all of your advice in mind while I shopped. I want you to see some of my tour outfits before anyone else." He motioned to the many bags you overlooked when he walked in the house.

Your heart started to soften at the sound of Ashton's words. He kept a secret and went shopping to impress you. He wanted to show you how much you had helped him grow into his new style, something he couldn't trust anyone but you with. You felt insanely proud of the lanky boy and became excited.

"I love you so much, Ashton. You don't even know." You tried not to squeal before you practically jumped in his arms, giving him a huge hug. He was super happy that you were almost as excited as he was to see the outfits he had bought.

After making yourself a cup of tea and giving Ashton enough time to change into one of his outfits, you sat in the living room ready to see how his day went.

"Let's do this, Ash. I'm so ready to see how good you are with dressing yourself," you teased before sipping your herbal concoction. Your joke earned a chuckle muffled by the walls separating you.

You felt a smile grow on your face as your boyfriend walked into the light of the living room. Butterflies instantly exploded in your stomach and you tried not to choke on your tea. He was wearing a simple, white button up that complimented his skin. He had paired the shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans, a staple he decided not to get rid of, thank goodness.

"So, what do you think?" He nervously bit his lip, wanting the best reaction possible from you.

"It's so perfect, babe! I love how you kept the colors neutral, your favorite. And your necklace. It falls perfectly in between the unbuttoned part of your shirt. You've definitely done your homework, Irwin." You smirked playfully and he quickly followed, dimples and all.

"I'm so glad! I was worried you might not like the buttons because they're dark, but they do match my pants," he rambled. You had taught him well.

The rest of the evening was spent watching Ashton try on the many articles of clothing he had purchased, making your heart flutter every time he stepped through the doorway to show you another pairing. You had to admit the yellow shirt was your favorite and you would be stealing it as soon as possible, even if he was to go on tour soon. You didn't think you could ever be more proud of this boy. The boy you loved with all of your heart. He went to immeasurable ends to make sure you were happy and loved. You couldn't have asked for anyone else to share and plan outfits with. And he felt the exact same about you.