vi

the tea is boiling

edit: (2020.05.31.) : when it says chan, i mean lee chan of svt, i'm sorry for all the confusion !!

as renjun walked into the locker room, he heard noises. he opened the door only to see jeno and jaemin making out. renjun turned away and felt tears prickle in his eyes. the tears started to fall down like a waterfall. his chest ached, along with his heart. the chinese rushed out the building. he even managed to drop his gym bag in front of the locker. renjun bit his lip to the point it could bleed to hold back his sobs. as much as he didn't want to believe it, he knew it was true. they're dating.

he finally came to a stop. leaning against a wall. oh my god. you're so fucking stupid thinking you ever had a chance.the boy silently sobbed his pain away. he couldn't stop crying, maybe it's because how much he has been holding in. oh, how bad he wanted to leave and never come back.

renjun. hello, earth to renjun!❞ renjun blinked out of his flashback. ❝chenle.❞ ❝did you not get sleep or something? come on. you're working with chan gēge. now, move!❞ renjun turned to see a boy with pinkish hair, a little taller than him. ❝i hope i didn't scare you.❞ the boy said as he sat down next to renjun. renjun shook his head. ❝so, what should our topic be?❞ ❝uh, i was paying attention so i have no idea what's going on.❞ the chinese rubbed the back of his nape.

chan giggled. ❝i wasn't either.❞ ❝you're such a great student renjun. we're doing our dumb history project.❞ a voice said. it was park jisung. ❝you little—❞ renjun stood up and hit jisung on the head with a history textbook. those were big and heavy. you better pray for jisung's head. ❝do you want to do something easy or hard?❞ chan asked. for someone who is going through a lot, you'd think they would want an easy project.

but, no. as much as renjun was hurting, he'd promise not his love life to affect his school work. ❝something hard, if that's okay with you.❞ chan just smiled and started to search for something complicated that happened in history. renjun's phone buzzed with at least 7 text messages from jeno and jaemin. they were all about where he was and that they found his bag in front of the locked room. renjun wished it was a dream.

he hated to even think about it. the bell rang for first lunch. luckily, jeno and jaemin didn't have first lunch. but, even if they did, renjun wanted to at least to get to know chan if they were going to work together. ❝hey, uh, it it okay if we could get to know each other more?❞ renjun felt his face heat up. he was embarrassed to ask.

❝sure, i don't really have any friends in first lunch.❞ both boys made their way out of the classroom. while chatting away with chan, renjun spotted jeno and jaemin. he made eye contact with the two, and looked away. he can't be down in the dumps right now. he's trying to get everything off his mind. ❝renjun, wait!❞ jaemin called out. the boy didn't bother to answer.

❝jesus, you're a fucking tree. this is so unfair.❞ renjun whined. ❝you're so tiny! it's kinda cute, if i do say so myself,❞ chan patted renjun's head. ❝hey, i'm not a little kid,❞ ❝you look like one.❞ the shorter slapped chan's arm, earning an loud laugh.

both jaemin and jeno saw how giggly renjun was with the taller boy. he seemed more happy with him than he did with them. ever since gym, renjun has been acting like they don't exist. what the fuck happened? ❝should we try to talk to him after school?❞ jaemin asked. jeno stayed silent. what was happening? was renjun leaving them? jeno just turned and hid his face from being exposed. he was hurting. and he couldn't stop it.

💗

[3 weeks later...]
it has three weeks since renjun has stopped hanging out with the '99 and '00 line. instead, renjun has only been around lee chan and his friends. the boy even stopped replying to everyone's texts. even chenle's. it was unlike him. why did he change all of sudden?

mark and the rest of the friend group are trying to figure why renjun was acting this way. today, jeno thought he was going crazy when he saw renjun and chan hold hands. that's when jeno found out why he was being distant. he has a crush on chan. it hurt a lot. just knowing that renjun, the other person he is in love with, is chasing someone else.

❝i-i saw him hold hands with that chan guy.❞ everyone's jaw hung open. ❝wait, wait, wait. renjun was holding chan's hand?❞ mark asked. his head was spinning. a couple weeks ago, renjun just told him that he was in love with jaemin and jeno. how is he moving on so fast? just as mark opened his mouth, chan and renjun were passing by. everyone watched them closely.

❝aigoo, you're so cute jun.❞ chan pinched renjun's pink cheeks. ❝stop, i'm not cute. and i'm not tiny. i'm only 5'7"!❞ renjun yelled out. ❝yeah, and i'm straight.❞ watching this made jaemin boil with jealousy. he could never do these things with renjun. ❝whatever. you're annoying.❞ ❝but you love me,❞ jaemin got up and ran to renjun. he needed to make up a lie just to stop the two. ❝injunnie, sorry, but i need my money. i've been trying to ask you for 3 weeks but i can't catch you.❞

❝oh my god, i'm so sorry! i've been super busy with the project. 20 dollars, right?❞ renjun pulled out a 20 dollar bill and handed it to jaemin. ❝tomorrow, okay? we can go to the arcade after school.❞ the younger male blushed and smiled. ❝sounds like a plan.❞ the boys said goodbyes, and chan introduced himself to jaemin. ❝so, he has been working on the project this whole time? when is it due?❞ donghyuck looked avoided mark's stare. he wish he could relate. every time him and mark would try to work, it would always end up something from school.

❝it's due tomorrow... wait, you have barely started. you're fucked.❞ chenle barked out. ❝it's not my fault! mark hyung always... distracts me.❞ donghyuck turned a light shade of red. ❝ew gross i don't want to know.❞ jisung scrunched his nose. everyone knew what went down every day. let's just say... it wasn't child friendly. ❝looks like renjun broke jaemin.❞ jaemin was just playing with his hands. to be honest, renjun broke a lot of people with his cuteness, but it was mostly jaemin and jeno. ❝damn it, why is he so fucking cute?❞

[☁️]
damn it's 1k words oh my god i never realized how much i wrote. oops. anyways i'm crying my eyes out cuz in 5 days mark is leaving dream and life is great

_tbc_