The Little Girl (Dutch x OC)

Dutch Van Der Linde is known as a dangerous man. A man that should never be crossed. A man who will stop at nothing to protect those he calls family.

This dangerous man is not a cruel man naturally. He takes those that are left to suffer alone and parish into his home. He and his best friend Hosea have taken in two boys under their wings. They wander into a very small town in New Austin.

________ Story Start________

Walking as fast as my little legs can go, holding onto my fathers hand as we make our way through a tiny town. It's very hot outside, even though it's dark out.

My father leading me to a quite place, away from all the loud people coming from a building. He slows down and looks around before picking me up and setting me on top of a couple crates.

Crouching down and holding my face in his rough hands "now I need you to listen to your father Evelyn. You are to sit here and wait. You can't leave until the sun comes up, is that clear" giving me a little shake.

"Where are you going papa" I ask for what seems the hundredth time. "It doesn't matter okay! Nothing matters now that she's gone" he yells in my face.

I knew he was talking about mama. She's been gone for a long time now and papa misses her. Sometimes I hear him crying at night and he tells me to go back to my room and to go to sleep. Not wanting to make my father anymore upset I answer him. "Yes sir papa. I won't go no where."

"Good girl" he sniffles. "I want you to know your momma and me loves you very much." His hold on me it tighter than before and is starting to make me panic a little. "I know you loves me papa. I know mama does too." "Okay sweetheart. That's good. Give daddy a hug before I leave okay?"

Of course I hug him but something feels different. He hugs me for a long time before giving me a kiss on the check and ruffles my hair knowing it always makes me feel better. "I love you daddy" I say and give him a kiss on his cheek. "I love you too baby. Now be strong for me and your momma okay. Stay out of trouble too."

POV Change

Dutch and Annabelle are out for the night to have to fun away from the boys. They start by heading off into the saloon and in the distance they can see a little girl who can't be more than six years old. It was a little odd but nothing seemed wrong with the girl. She was just swinging her legs back and forth.

Dutch makes a mental note to check and see if the girl is still there when he decides to leave. The night is young and with great drinks and company time flies. With it getting later into the night and the crowd getting a little on edge Annabelle and Dutch wait to finish their last drink before leaving. A single shot from a gun was heard in little distance causing everyone to panic. People screaming, some refusing to move and others rushing out the doors. Dutch being the man he is makes sure Annabelle is safe and tells her he will be back.

*** back to Evelyn***

Hearing a loud bang noise made me scared. I want to go hide but don't wanna make papa mad at me for leaving before morning. Maybe if I get back before morning he won't know.

Hopping off the crates, I look around for a place to hide but can't really see anywhere good. So I sneak around the town making sure to stay in the shadows just like papa told me. I stopped seeing a man run out of the building that was bustling with noise a few minutes ago.

He looks around and keeps in the shadows too. Some guys wearing badges start running in the direction where the noise came from. Curiosity getting the better of me I go in the direction they ran to.
Keeping my eye on the strange man hiding in the shadows who is now hiding his face for some reason, I slowly make my way closer stopping when I hear voices. "Poor bastard, well guess we can take the wanted poster down" one man says. "I'll go get the wagon."

The stranger hiding his face holds me as still as possible and whispers "I need you to be quiet for me okay?" I nod my head out of fear of upsetting the man. My father always warned me about the people with badges.

We wait for what feels like hours when in reality it was probably twenty minutes or so. Dutch being the man holding the small child already knows the fate of the poor child in his grasp.

There's no doubt about it that the dead man is.... well was this child's father and the man also looked familiar.

When the men disappear into the saloon everyone starts walking out and the crowd is ushered away. The man removed the mask and slowly releases me and turns me to face him. "Now sweetheart I'm going to need you to come with me for a little bit."

"No. No my pa told me to never trust a stranger." I take a few steps away from him hoping I can get a chance to run.

"Your pa is a very smart man. My name is Dutch and that pretty lady over there is Annabelle" he points to my left and I see a lady wearing a pretty dress.

The man named Dutch sits on the ground in front of me a foot or two away. "What's your name sweetheart?"

Not really knowing what else to do I sit on the ground and look at the man in front of me. He's a very tall man.

"My name is Evelyn Walker" I mumble and cross my arms.
"It's nice to meet you miss Evelyn. Say miss, what's your fathers name" than man named Dutch asks.

"It's Danny Sir."

"Well I'll be. I knew a man once with the same name as your father. Was he married to a woman named Eleanor?" Dutch looks very curious and can definitely see a resemblance though he could be wrong. It's been forever since he was Danny.

He heard news of the couple having a baby through a letter but never had the chance to see. Then tragic news came when word got out that a woman named Eleanor Walker was found dead.

"Eleanor is my mamas name. She's been missing for a while now. I think papa went to look for her again."

Hearing this confirms dutch's thoughts. This poor girl is on her own now and has no clue. She wouldn't last long on her own at such a young age and the thought of her being out here by herself doesn't sit well with the man.

Annabelle walks over and places her hands on Dutch's shoulders. Dutch lets out a huff of breath. He has to help the girl. She's so young.
"Miss Evelyn, it's getting pretty late. Come with me and I'll get you something to eat, okay?" Dutch stands up and holds out his hand for me.

"But I'm not supposed to leave here. My papa told me so."
The man smiles at me but he doesn't look happy. He looks kinda sad.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I truly am. But your pa... he's gone." Dutch places his hands on my shoulders.

"Where did he go" I ask.

"He's with your mother now sweetheart."