On the Run || Javier x reader

You're luck was running thin. You did what you had to do. You had gotten your family to safety even though you had to stay behind. It was a deal gone horribly wrong. Your family was taken as a joke and used by a gang called the O'driscolls.

All that was left of your family was your mother and very young sister hopefully on the other country by now. Your father and older brother weren't lucky in the slightest. An argument broke out between your family and the foul O'driscolls. Gunshots were heard and soon after you were on the run.

Now your just trying to survive. It's a lot harder that you thought. You're not good at tracking or making a fire to keep warm. Back at home you did what most women did. Cleaned, cooked, took care of your little sister and the very few farm animals you had. Occasionally your father took you out to shoot a couple guns a few times so there's that.

Not only do you have that gang hunting you down but you've also accumulated a bounty on yourself. Stealing money, food, a gun, and a horse. On top of all that you did kill a man. He was no good man at all and it came down to your life or his. So now your a wanted criminal.

Unknowning to you another gang is also on the hunt for you. Dutch Van Der Linde caught word of a young woman with the O'driscolls on her tail. That definitely made the man take interest.

As he learned information about you and heard of possible whereabouts, he sent Javier Escuella to bring you in. If anything Dutch could use you to get to Colm but hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

————

"This is so frustrating!" You've been trying to track down a decent size doe to have some food. The sun is setting and with your hopes diminishing you make your way to your sorry attempt of a camp.

Tossing your stuff to the ground not really caring where it goes, you search around in your bag for a canned item of food. "Just great! Only a couple left. This just keeps getting better and better."

After eating you start to pack up all the belongings you've acquired mostly by stealing as it's not wise to stay in one place for long. After cleaning up and packing try to get some sleep.

The sounds of the night are slowly starting to become normal. The first few night you tried to sleep were absolutely terrible. Every little sound had you scared. Now you can deal with most sounds. Slowly as time drags by you can feel yourself nodding off and let sleep take you away.

Jolting out of your sleep to the of horse hoves, you panic. "Shit, shit, shit" you mutter. "Where did I put the damn gun?" The sound is close and isn't slowlying down. Frantically rummaging through your things and not finding it there's only one other place.

You run over to your horse and search the saddle bag pulling out a very worn cattleman revolver. Your fingers grasp it but it's to late. Two shots are fired and your horse is spooked and takes off running leaving you behind without your weapon.

You attempt to run from the horseman but it's futile. He lassoes you and brings you to the ground in a thump. You try to grab the knife you keep hidden in your boot but your arms are grabbed and you don't have nearly enough strength to fight back.

Yelling and trying anything to break free your flipped over onto your front and hog tied. Your then picked up and thrown over the man's shoulder. Wiggling in every direction the man finally speaks "be still would you, I'd hate to drop you chicka."

Finally giving up he takes you to the back of his horse and throws you over. Getting a good look at him he doesn't dress like an O'driscoll so he must be a bounty hunter. All you can think of is being hanged.

"Please mister, I don't want to be hanged! This is the place for second chances! I didn't have a choice! I had to do those things to survive ! The O'driscolls are hunting down my family! I don't want to be hanged!"