Chapter 11: Cupcakes vs Cakes ♡

♡♡ Riley Everett's POV ♡♡

Today, I planned to do absolutely nothing and just stay in my pajamas and watch a few episodes of Friends and catch up on some sleep, a typical Saturday for me, but Alex decided to text me and tell me to get dressed. Now, I don't know if I'm bummed or happy. Sure, I might like him, but that doesn't mean I want to spend time with him on a day where I'm supposed to watch Friends and sleep, who gives that up for a boy?!

I let out a sigh, heading to my bathroom to take a quick shower before getting dressed.

My eyes landed on a cute gray crew neck that said 'Meow' on it and some black skinny jeans. I then grab my white converses, tying up the laces. I take my phone, putting it in my back pocket along with a few dollar bills. Taking my coat off the hanger, I shrug it on. It's been a bit chilly recently. I spray a little perfume before I leave my room.

"Hey, Talia." I greet, finding her in the kitchen.

"Oh, hey, where are you going?" She asks me, raising an eyebrow.

I shrug my shoulders, "I have absolutely no clue." I answer truthfully.

"Um, alright..."

I chuckle, "Alex said he's taking me somewhere," I tell her.

She wiggles her eyebrows, "Oh, Alex, should've guessed."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" I defend myself. My phone dings, telling me I got a text. I open it up and it's from Alex. I roll my eyes, letting out a chuckle. I send him a reply back.

I roll my eyes, letting out a chuckle

I roll my eyes, letting out a chuckle. "Bye, Talia! See you later." I smile before leaving the kitchen, away from her to question me some more.

I leave the house, making sure to lock it because I'm pretty sure Talia won't remember to do it if I told her. I walk across the lawn to Alex's, finding him outside already.

"Hello, loser." I greeted oh so nicely.

He shoots me a playful glare, "How kind of you."

I smile brightly, "Why thank you! I'll take that as a compliment."

Alex rolls his eyes, chuckling slightly. "Sure, whatever."

"Do we have to go on... that?" I say, looking at the motorcycle in distaste. Alex smirks.

"Well..." I shoot him a glare. "I'm kidding, we'll use this for today." He replies, patting the car. I smile.

"Better, much better choice. Now I don't have to think about my death so soon."

"Please, you're being over dramatic. Now get in, I want food."

I chuckle, opening the door and getting in. "Hey, you actually said something nice for once! I want food too. Let's go! Step on it!"

♡♡

"Please, cupcakes are better than cakes," I argue.

"What do you mean? They're the same thing!" Alex exclaims.

I scoff, "So! Who even eats cakes nowadays?"

Alex groans, "Shut up, I'm done arguing with you."

"I win." I smile in victory.

"Only because arguing with you will get me nowhere in life."

"Just admit that cupcakes are better."

"Cookies are better," Alex said. "Oh look! We're here! Now get out of my car." He grins, pointing to the sign.

I scowl at him. "Rude." Muttering a bunch of words under my breath, I slam the door shut, walking inside the diner.

"Oh, Riley! You're back! How are you?" Maggie exclaims, smiling brightly. She wraps her arms around me in a hug. I hug her back, chuckling.

I smile back immediately. "Of course, this place is pretty amazing."

A frown makes its way to Alex. He scoffs, "How come I don't get that warm welcome?"

I laugh, pulling apart to stand next to him. "Because I'm awesome and you're not." I beam at him.

Maggie laughs, hugging Alex. "Oh hush, you both are awesome. Now, do you want your usual?" She says, looking at Alex. He nods his head. She then looks at me. "The same?"

I nod my head, "Yep, thank you." We both make our way to the booth in the corner, taking a seat.

"Let's play 20 Questions." Alex randomly blurted out.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Alright, you go first."

"Chocolate or Vanilla?"

I quirked an eyebrow. "Chocolate, obviously. What about you?"

"Uh, uh, uh,"He tutted, "You gotta ask me a question." He smirked.

I scowled at him, "Chocolate or Vanilla?"

"Vanilla, duh."

I scrunch up my nose, "Alright, your turn."

He rolled his eyes. "Favorite movie?"

And, so we continued our game of 20 Questions.

♡♡

Author's Note: hello guys! it snowed today!! im so happy. i really hope it snows a lot so we have a snow day. haha. (12/11/16)

I finally edited this chapter and I like this version better than the first, the first was terrible

Also, there is a picture of their messages and if you can't see, it's just Alex telling Riley he's outside, haha.

hope you enjoyed it, comment, vote, etc!

xoxo - Mayyy