Chapter 17: The Past ♡

♡♡ Riley Everett's POV ♡♡

After what went down a couple days ago with my dad, everything feels...different, but in a good way if that made sense. Sometimes, it felt surreal, other times I felt happy that I had at least seen my dad again. If I hadn't at least known his reasoning for leaving, life would feel incomplete... It wouldn't feel right if there wasn't a reason behind something.

Jenna and I were alone again, actually, scratch that. I'm alone right now. Mom decided to take a mini two-day vacation with her closest friend and Jenna left for Josh's ten minutes ago.

Currently, I was in my living room and somehow I managed to bring in an old mattress from the garage into the living room without breaking anything. I put on a bed sheet cover and filled the mattress with blankets and pillows. I leaned against the sofa that was behind me and continued to randomly scroll through the channels. Some things never change.

I had ordered pizza twenty minutes ago and it said it should be here within fifteen to twenty minutes. It still wasn't here.

It's only 8 pm and I'm already tired. Something's wrong with me.

Annoyed my pizza wasn't here along with the fact there was nothing good on TV, I grabbed my laptop and logged into Netflix.

The doorbell rang, as a squeal left my mouth. Finally! I pushed my laptop to the bed and quickly grabbed the twenty dollar bill mom left on the counter and walked to the door. Opening the door, I was met with Alex's face instead. He didn't have the pizza nor the cute little pizza hat.

I frowned, my excitement dying.

"Well, someone's happy to see me."

"You're not the pizza guy," I muttered, moving aside to let him in.

"That's because the pizza's right here." He enters my house bringing a box of pizza out of nowhere.

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "Wha... how'd you know I ordered pizza?"

Alex shrugged, "When I entered your driveway, the dude was pulling up."

"Oh. Thanks for paying, I'll pay you back." I tell him, my smile returning.

He shakes his head, "Nah, you're welcome." He walks further into the living room. "Is there something you wanna tell me?" He says, gesturing to the TV.

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh!" I yelled, "what the fck is that!?" I screamed rushing to pick up the TV remote to change the channel. "My innocent eyes!" I cried out.

Alex laughed out loud, almost falling. "You... your reaction!"

My face turned beet red, "Shut up! That was mortifying!"

"As Miranda Sings would say, 'that's porn'!" Alex impersonated terribly.

I stared at him in shock before bursting out laughing. "That was horrible!" I cried out.

Alex's face tinted pink before he joined me and laughed. "Shut up, I'd like to see you do better."

That's how we spent a majority of the night, making fun of each other and eating pizza while a random movie was on.

Out of nowhere Alex pulls me close to him to the point I was basically on his lap. He shifts me around a little before sighing. "Better." He mumbles.

Again, who needs a heart?

Taking advantage of the warmth, I cuddled closer to him. As usual, he smelled really good.

It was a while later and I was playing with Alex's fingers, letting out a yawn.