Late night cuddles (part 2)

(Lance's POV)
When I woke up, Pidge was curled up next to me. I kissed her forehead and her eyes fluttered open. She yawned and stretched, then looked at me with her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Good morning." she said rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." I say back with a bright smile.  I kissed her again on her cheek, then on the lips. I don't know what I was thinking, why was Pidge letting me go this. This wasn't like me. She started to melt into the kiss, so I think she is ok with it.

"Hey Pidge, have you seen Lan-" crap. Shiro walked in the door. This looks wrong. We are tangled up in the covers and semi making out. It wasn't that though. I quickly got up.

"What did you need Shiro?" I asked starting to sweat.

"Well, I was going to tell you Hunk needed you in the kitchen, but I think he can wait." he said, staring me down. Oh no. I opened my mouth to say something, but the alarms started blaring.

"GET TO YOUR LIONS PALADINS, THE GALRAH ARE ATTACKING!!" Allura screamed over the intercom. I look back at pidge to see her now wide awake. We both ran to our Lions in a panic. When I got to blue's hangar, I changed and got in my lion. I flew out of the hangar and there was a huge ship. There was also a giant canon on it which worried me. It started off as normal, but suddenly I heard Pidge scream. It was a horrific scream. I looked over to see her beat up lion floating off into space.

"Pidge, Pidge are you ok?!?" everyone said in a nervous tone. No response.

"I will check to see if she is ok, Keith can you cover me?" I asked while going for the Green lion.

"I've got your back." he said back. When I reached Pidge's lion, I got out of my own and climbed in hers. I walked through the door to see something awful. Pidge was sitting there motionless, her chest was rising and falling slowly. I looked down to see a giant piece of metal sticking out of her leg. Oh my god that canon is powerful. I picked her up very carefully and put her in my lion. I drove off, my lion pulling hers.

"She's hurt badly, I'm taking her to the castle." I said in a rushed voice. When I reached blue's hangar again, I picked up Pidge and started running down the halls. When I got to the infirmary, Allura had a pod ready.

"Oh my quiznak, what happened?!?" she said while putting Pidge in the pod.

"I think she got hit by their canon, it was bad."

"The pod will heal her in about a, what do humans call it, a week?" she said, half meant as a question. Dang it, how can I wait that long?

(time skip brought to you by your lazy author)

(Pidge's POV)

Cold. All I felt was cold. I wanted Lance. I heard a hissing sound that sounded very fermiliar. I was in a healing pod. When it opened, I put my foot down and immediately regretted it. Pain shot through my leg and I screamed bloody murder. I saw Lance running up to me. He caught me before I fell, and looked very happy to see me. I looked down at my leg and saw a huge chunk of metal stuck in the side of it.

"W-what happened?" I asked still wincing in pain.

"I will explain later, I should probably call in Allura for your leg." he said starting to get up. He left and then came back with Allura 3 minutes later. Allura walked up to me and layed me down on a table.

"Brace yourself, this is going to hurt. A lot." she looked at me with sympathy in her eyes. She counted down. A second later all that could be heard was my scream which was worse that the last. When I screamed, Lance looked hurt. All the rest of the paladins and Coran walked in.

"What's wrong?" Shiro asked slightly panicking.

"I'm just getting this piece of metal out of Pidge's leg. She should be fine once we bandage her up." I was in agony, and you could see it on my face. All of a sudden I felt a warm hand grab mine. Lance was next to me, crying. I can tell he hates seeing me like this. It hurt seeing him hurt because of me. Allura bandaged up my leg, then carried me to my room and was off. After chatting with everyone else, they also left. Lance stayed with me though. Once we were alone, he crawled into my bed next to me and stayed all night.

"I love you." he said softly.

"I love you to."

(Long chapter, yay! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I will try to update soon. Bye!)