Skylar Visits

It was now Saturday morning, Shawn and I had been working from home all week. Right now I was laying in bed with Shawn curled up right beside me as I was watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. He was asleep while I was trying to find out how to do a proper cut-crease and also how to blend black eye-shadow.

I held my phone in one hand and with my free hand I used my fingers to brush through Shawn's messy hair. He was in a deep sleep because he barely got any last night from working for so long. However, I couldn't sleep because I had a sharp pain which woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep but I didn't want to wake Shawn up.

Then the bell rang making both me and Shawn jump at the same time. "I'll get it" I say patting his cheek as I got up and walked to the front door wondering who was here at this time. I opened the door and the cold air hit me making my bare legs shiver.

I came face to face with Hana who was holding Skylar. "Skylar! Hi pretty girl" I beamed as she giggled. Hana set her down giving her a kiss before she came and hugged my legs then ran inside.

"I see Shawn knocked you up already" she spat looking at my bump and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm pretty sure it's none of your business so if your done you can leave" I fired back and she shook her head.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning to collect my daughter" she says flipping her bright blonde hair and walking away. I groaned in frustration slamming the door shut.

I walked back into the living which was empty with Skylar's pink backpack left on the floor and her little shoes. I heard laughter coming from our room. I walked into our room where Skylar was sat on Shawn. I carefully sat beside them watching them interact with each other after so long.

Even though Skylar lived in New York, we never failed to keep in contact with her of course. Hana assured us that she would try to make as many trips as she could to Canada when she could so Shawn could see his daughter.

"Sky we have to tell you something, I'm not sure if you already noticed" Shawn says and her face becomes more serious as he sits up with her curled into him.
Shawn motioned for me to move closer so I did before he placed his hand on my bump. "In here is a little baby sister or brother that's going to come very soon" he says and she just stares at my bump for a few minutes. I look at Shawn in panic incase she wasn't ready for this.

"Your going to be a big sister!" He says enthusiastically and she smiles up at him and then me. She shuffles herself off my lap and she places her tiny hand on my bump stroking it, making my heart explode in cuteness.

"Baby siser" she says unable to pronounce the 't' making her sound so adorable.

"Or brother" Shawn adds incase she gets her hopes up for a sister and it's not.

"Baby siser" she repeats before placing a kiss on my bump making tears of joy spring for my eyes.

"Can I get a hug Sky?" I ask and she nods before curling right up to my side as I placed a kiss on the top of her head. Ever since I met her I treated her as my own little baby whether I physically have birth to her or not, but I still took her as my own.

She even calls me 'Mama' now which makes me cry seeing her adjust to someone who is not her mother. She was the sweetest little girl ever and I loved her a lot. Shawn was over the moon with the development Skylar and I had made with each other. The bond between us three was just something so special and I couldn't ask for anything more.

"You are so adorable" I say squeezing her little cheeks making her giggle and squeal. Shawn grabbed her little body and stood up with her before jumping around with her making her laughter roar around our bedroom. This was beautiful but rare sight to see only because Skylar wasn't with us all the time.