Bonus Chapters: Morning Drama

Adrian turned three years old a few days ago and Noah is now six months. Time has gone completely fast and I can't believe how quickly it has gone.

Even though Noah was a bit premature he's been well but his development is slightly slow which the doctor says is normal. His eyesight hasn't developed to the fullest so he has tiny glasses which make him look so adorable.

Noah is a very quiet baby unlike Adrian. When Adrian was six months he was screaming the whole house down and babbling away, however Noah is different. He is quiet and barely makes noise. He keeps himself distracted with anything, occasionally he will cry or talk but otherwise he is ver quiet.

Also Noah is extremely clingy, and by extremely clingy he does not let go of me and sometimes he will go to Shawn. He does not go to anyone else at all. Adrian was clingy but he also loved attention from everyone else.

I loved Noah unconditionally but sometimes it's hard with him attached to me 24/7. The most he goes with me is probably an hour or two. But he has separation anxiety which is common for some babies, also being premature he needs a sense of comfort from his mother. I don't mind him being clingy but I hope it eases slightly so I get things done.

"Daddy! Mommy!" Adrian's loud preppy voice booms as he slams our bedroom door open and the impact of the loudness wakes Noah up.

Great. Now I can't shower because he's awake.

Noah's cries are echoing throughout the room and I sigh looking at him in between me and Shawn. I lift him up and try to calm him down, poor baby. He's so fragile everything scares him.

"Adrian, how many times have I told you not to do that in the morning" Shawn scolds Adrian who is climbing on to our bed.

"Sorry daddy" he mumbles crawling into Shawn's side.

Noah has fallen back to sleep thankfully so that means I can go and take a really quick shower. "Shawn" I whisper and he turns around rubbing his eyes.

"Can you take Noah so I can have a quick shower?" I say and he nods. Noah curled up into Shawn's chest and Adrian is laying behind Shawn playing with on of Noah's toys. I walked around the bed to give Adrian a kiss. "Good morning baby" I whispered kissing his forehead.

"Can you be a quiet boy for Noah please? He needs to sleep" I say and Adrian nods making me sigh in relief before kissing his head and making my way to the shower.

It hasn't even been two minutes and I can already hear Noah crying. I literally want to bang my head against the wall. I can hear Shawn yelling and so much commotion and I really hope it quietens down so I can have a shower.

"Serenity!" Shawn yells and I sigh in frustration as I walk out of the room. He stands up with a furious look on his face. "Take Noah" He says handing me the crying baby.

"Shawn I need to have a shower can you hold for ten minutes at least" I say rocking Noah in my arms.

"No I can't, Serenity I haven't slept in fucking weeks. I need some peace" he spits and I sigh.

"Shawn I know and I haven't slept either, but I really need a shower please" I say and he shakes his head.

"I haven't got time for this I have to go to work" he says and I scoff.

"Shawn you still have an hour, and they're your children too we need to share the responsibility" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Serenity I need to go and I need some peace because nothing but noise in this fucking house" he says and I sigh.

"Shawn I know but can you just stop for a minute!" I yell at him and he freeze.

"I know you're tired so am I. You don't get a break nor do I. But we have to share the responsibility together. See he's calm now just hold him for ten minutes while I shower then you can go to work. I know you need space and I will give you that but not right now" I say and he still doesn't listen.