a *surprise* visit to the precinct

You entered the 99th precinct with a slight spring in your step on a chilly December morning. Shivering slightly and snuggling further into your scarf, you approached the reception desk on the bottom floor. You were greeted by a man on his phone, not paying any attention to the world around him, much less to you standing at the window.

"Excuse me.." you said nervously, as you tapped on the window slightly, causing him to look up suddenly, shutting his phone off hastily.
"Scared the life out me.." he grunted. "Thought you were my boss.."
You knitted your eyebrows together, pulling your scarf down your face slightly so your speech wasn't as mumbled.
"Sorry..?"

"Name?" He sighed, pulling a large book out from the side of the desk, as if it were a chore and not his actual job.
"Oh, um..(Y/N) (Y/L/N)..I'm here to see Rosa, Rosa Diaz?"
His eyes flicked up quickly, regarding you with suspicion, and then writing your name down hastily  "Give me a second.."
He reached for a black telephone to the right of him, clicking a few buttons and holding the receiver to his ear.

You stood there awkwardly, shifting your weight from foot to foot and looking at the poorly strung Christmas decorations haphazardly strung across the painted white walls.

"Yeah, we've got someone here to see Detective Rosa Diaz..? Yeah....(Y/N), that's it. Oh, okay. Yeah cool...thanks.." he clicked the receiver off and pushed the black book away, before looking at you again.
"Yeah, you can go up. Second floor.." he said, before reaching into his pocket and pulling his phone out once more.

"Oh, thanks.." you replied, walking towards the elevator and climbing in when the doors opened.

You smiled to yourself as you held a small brown bag containing your girlfriends lunch. She'd forgotten it earlier before she went to work, and secretly you were thrilled you'd have to take it to her, as you'd finally be able to meet all her work colleagues she'd talked about, although she'd never admit that.

As the elevator dinged, the doors slid open and you stepped out onto the second floor, swinging the blue gate open and entering the bullpen. There were officers milling around, and desks scattered around in which you could only assume were detectives sat. You'd say 'typing away', but none of them were really doing any work.

You spied two men first, sat opposite each other, covered in what looked like a type of pasta sauce, attempting to throw meatballs into each other mouths. You snorted softly, before being distracted by two men making large gestures and performing a plethora of handshakes. A small Latina woman sat opposite them was staring intensely, a disapproving look on her face, while a tall, buff man stood behind them, talking in his phone, making large hand gestures. You looked furthest away from you, just to see a woman with a pair of earphones in, mouthing a song dramatically while scrolling on her phone.

You finally laid eyes on your Latina beauty, who you saw was already looking at you with a smirk on her face. She stood up from her desk and sauntered over, as she took the bag you held out in front of you.
"I can't believe you came here just to give me my lunch. I could have just grabbed something from the hot dog stand outside.." She said, while you grinned.
"Don't be stupid. I wanted to come see where you worked, and it gives me an excuse to come see you too, obviously.." you bit your lip, while she she raised an eyebrow.
"You just miss me that much, huh (Y/N)?" She asked, as you nodded, reaching in to hold her hand.

However, you stopped yourself just in time. PDA was not Rosa's thing, and probably even less so at work, so your hand dropped dejectedly back to your side, and you just smiled at her instead. However, she must have seen what you were trying to do, as she grabbed your hand instead and pulled you forcefully into her, your faces only inches apart as you looked up into her chocolate brown eyes, examining each long, delicate eyelash.

"Rosa Diaz.." you giggled, toying with her hand as you were about to do earlier.
"What? I can't help myself.." she smirked, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear, before leaning in.

Your lips connected, and for a moment, you forgot you were in the middle of the NYPD's detective bullpen, and everyone was probably looking at you. You kissed her back forcefully, wrapping your arms round her waist.

It must have been at least half a minute until you both pulled up for air, not really a long time, but in a public place it must be a Rosa Diaz world record for PDA.
You blushed as you looked back up at her again, before turning your head in the direction of someone clearing their throat to the right of you. You suddenly realised the room was mostly silent.

Still in your girlfriends embrace, you saw the guy who was sat at his desk handshaking looking at you both with raised eyebrows.
"Never did I thought I would see the day Rosa Diaz was showing affection to another person!" He said, pointing at the shorter guy next to him. "Boyle, put it in the diary!"

"Shut up Jake.." Rosa replied, but she was smiling while she said so.
"Oh my god, Rosa's in love!" The small woman next to her sang, beaming.
"That's Amy, she's probably going to make a binder on us now.." Rosa whispered in your ear, as you giggled.

"How come we haven't been introduced before?" The smaller guy to the right of Jake asked. Boyle was it?
"As you probably know Charles, I'm a pretty private person.." She shrugged, before kissing your cheek, earning a small squeal from Amy and a blush from you.

"Oh my god, come to Shaw's with us tonight.." The lighted heard woman next to Amy said, snapping a quick picture on her phone. You look confused for a second, before she answered. "It's for my album 'photo's only Gina has', you know, just so I'm the only one and for possible blackmail in the future".

"and that's Gina.." Rosa whispered again, as you nodded and flashed a smile.
"You're so pretty (Y/N), Rosa's a very lucky woman.." Amy said again, as you beamed.
"Yeah, she's very pretty.." a bald guy covered in the pasta sauce from earlier winked at you, as you laughed. He grinned, as the other guy stood next to him looked confused.
"That's Scully and Hitchcock, you'll get used them real quick.." Rosa rolled her eyes but smiled slightly. You returned your attention back to the petite brunette.
"Thanks, Amy.." you grinned, as Rosa pulled you even closer to her.
"I'm very lucky.." she growled in your ear, smirking.

"(Y/N), why don't you join Detective Diaz and the rest of the squad in Shaw's tonight? A very amicable suggestion made by Gina.." a man said, emerging from a room in front of you. He carried and aura of importance that you could only presume belonged to the captain.

"I'm Captain Raymond Holt, and we'd love you to join.." he introduced himself, shaking your hand as you reluctantly wriggled out of your girlfriends embrace.
You looked hopefully at Rosa, as she nodded, smiling. "Your call babe. I don't mind.."

"That'd be awesome.." you beamed, as the rest of the team cheered.

"I feel like a proud father!" The tall guy stood behind the group said, grinning from ear to ear. "I mean, of course I already am but, a proud father four times over!"

You smiled at the group gathered in front of you, and then to your girlfriend next to you as you held her hand. You should really visit her at work more often...

////////////////////////////////////////////

hey guys! this is my first b99 fic of any kind since I became obsessed with it about six months ago or so. I'm completely in love with Rosa Diaz aka Steph Beatriz, so I really hope you enjoy these reader one shots.

I'm awful at coming up with ideas so if you have any requests for a one shot please just drop me a message and I'd be happy to see what I can do with it!

Thank you all for reading:)
-ria x