the pontiac bandit

"Rosa Rosa Rosaaaa...I can't think of your last name baby.." your eyes flickered upwards from your desk, where you saw a large man singing at Rosa, who had her arms crossed, clearly not impressed.
You continued to stare at him as he wiggled his eyebrows at her, trying to gain her attention. You smirked as none of his attempts worked.

You knew you had no right to be jealous of small things like this, you and Diaz were just friends, or so you thought. Maybe she didn't even class you as that, just work colleagues probably. But you'd had a crush on your work partner for months now, and the only person who knew was Gina. You hadn't even told her, but that woman could seriously become a great detective.

'"Oh honey no, it's so obvious, what does is say on here?" She pointed to her sweater, in which a slogan was printed on in bold white lettering. You rolled your eyes. "Gina knows best.." you mumbled, as she patted your shoulder. "You best believe it!"'

You felt a smile tugging at the corner of your lips at the memory, but where quickly pulled out of your trance when the large man began speaking to the Captain, who had walked out of his office.

"What about, gigglepig?" He grinned, as you eyed him suspiciously from his desk. You and Diaz had been trying to find the source of the illegal drug for weeks now, and it was seriously pissing you off how hard it is to find.
You caught Rosa's eye as she looked at you, signalling her head towards the man. You nodded.

"C'mon Captain? I've been chasing this guy for years now. You can't hear him! Don't let him do this!" Jake whined, covering his own ears as Rosa just looked at him.
"And gigglepig is the biggest drug on the market at the moment. Solving this case brings a big win to the precinct. Me and (Y/N) really need this right now.."

Your eyes looked between Jake, then the Captain, then Rosa and finally to the man standing in handcuffs, looking hopeful.

"Let him help Diaz in the gigglepig investigation. Sorry Peralta, but this opportunity is too big. The nine nine needs this.."

"No!" Jake wailed. 'Damn you Doug Judy!"

You looked at Rosa, who shot you a smirk from where she was standing that made you weak at the knees. Good job you were sat down.
"Come on (Y/L/N), lets go.." Rosa said to you, as you practically jumped out your seat, eyeing Doug Judy as you walked past him.

——————

You were put up in a 4* hotel room, bargained by Judy himself. You, Diaz and Peralta by request accompanied him, and you were beginning to regret it already.

"Hey so Diaz, you know after I help you find the dealer and you fall madly in love with me, where you wanna eat girl? I know some great places we can go, and then after, we could-"
You sighed loudly, making extremely exaggerated. You daren't say anything, but this Judy guy was getting on your last nerve.

Rosa looked at you suspiciously from the corner of her eye while driving.
"You okay (Y/N)?" She asked. You looked at her innocently, crossing your arms.
"Yeah I'm fine?" You said, although it sounded more like a question. You glanced quickly to the backseat, where Doug Judy shot you a huge smiled. You scowled.

"Oh, mamacita, look at this place!" Judy exclaimed, as you pulled up to a lavish looking hotel.
"You are not meant to be enjoying this, Judy.." Jake sighed behind you, as you climbed out the car and followed Rosa to the front desk.