Chapter 29

"What's the plan, boss?" Eddie leaned against a garbage dumpster and watched Trent carefully. Darkness was enveloping them quickly. He had his gun out and was looking it over.

"She had her time with him. Now it's time that he's out of the way." Trent said carefully. He didn't trust anyone, and loose ends needed to be tied up. He wasn't going to risk a plan falling through on a technicality.

"Tell me what you want me to do and it's done." Eddie leveled his gaze on his leader and waited for the answer to flow out of his mouth.

Trent looked down at the watch on his wrist. It was nothing fancy, but he liked the feel of the metal links clinking against his wrist. It made him feel a little bit more powerful. It was symbolic in a way. His old man had never worn one and he was nothing. The watch represented him not being a nobody, because he knew that it was his time to be somebody. Looking at it kept reminding him of that. It reminded him that there was a right time for everything and feeling it against his skin ensured that he wouldn't forget that dream.

"I want you to follow him tomorrow." Trent carefully thought it out. "When the time presents itself..." He locked his gaze on Eddie's. "Put him down and make sure he won't get back up."

Eddie's lips curled up in an evil smile. There was no other way to describe the way his lips curved up. His face showed his obvious pleasure. "Not a problem, boss."

"That'll be the beginning of our war." He said confidently.

Eddie put his gun in the small of his back and wrung his hands together in excitement. "It's all going to fall into our hands, boss. When do we tell the crew?"

Trent's jaw hardened. "The only people who need to know, know right now. We're going to keep it as need to know at this point. I don't want one of the guys to get too exited and spill out our plan. Or worse..."

"If they get cold feet and rat us out." Eddie finished the sentence. "I get it, boss. I'll keep my mouth shut."

"On your mission too." He reminded him.

Eddie smiled again. A twinkle lit up his eyes. "That won't be a problem. The hit will be done by tomorrow night."

Trent put his hand on Eddie's shoulder. "And this is why you're my right hand man, Eddie. Never lose your touch."

"I'll always have your back, Trent. No questions asked."

Trent let Eddie's words linger. He had no doubt that Eddie would never doubt him and would always have his back. He was the only man that he trusted or could afford to trust. There was a time when Ashley had had his trust, now she was just a smart loose end that he couldn't quite afford to let go yet. Time and her decisions could change that sooner rather than later however.

---------------------------------------

What did I tell you?

A storm is coming. And it's a bad one.

Get ready for a twist. A heartbreaking change. The tears be flowing soon.

Like, Comment, Vote :)