Part 5

Catra and Adora start to head off to Shadow Weever's room. The stares that frighten Adora are less relevant, but she can still fell a few of their eyes peering towards her.
"Don't worry about it," Catra calmly says to Adora as she wraps her tail around Adora's waist. "After this whole this blows over you'll go back to kicking everyone's butt in no time, well, except me,"
        Adora laughs a little and playfully rolls her eyes. This quest reminds her of the time they were children, running through the halls without no stop. How it brings her good memories during her darkest times.
        "We're almost at Shadow Weever's room," Adora informs Catra as her eyes scan the hallways for any sign of soldiers.
        "She must be gone so she can talk to Lord Hordak about what happened," Catra claims as her ears go down and her eyes stare at the door.
          Adora only stares at the door, and her eyes are full of fright. She's never gone behind Shadow Weever's back like this, and now, here she is.
         "Should we go in there?" Adora asks Catra. "What if she catches us? I can't just break the rules like this, especially to Shadow Weever. She's been so good to us,"
         Catra only rolls her eyes and scowls at Adora's last sentence. A part of her can't believe she's actually coming along with Adora, but then at the same time, it's always fun to snoop in her room.
         "Adora, listen. This is the one chance you have at finding your answers," Catra tells Adora as she wraps her arm around her shoulder. "Besides, it's me who you should be worried about. Shadow Weever would probably just read you a bedtime story,"
         "Okay," Adora awkwardly says to Catra in a slow pace.
        She quickly heads towards the door to Shadow Weever's room as Catra follows. Her ears are straight up, gleaming in anticipation to break into someone's room. Adora nervously stares at the button pad as her hand is stuck midair. She tries to push the button, but her body remains frozen in fear.
       Catra only sighs and rolls her eyes. She walks past Adora with her tail curling around Adora's waist, shocking her. Catra immediately places her palm on the button and smirks at Adora.
The door slides open and she watches in shock as Catra's tail is still around her waist. Her eyes are wide and she quickly places her arm back on her sides.
"Simple as that," Catra jokes with Adora as she extends her arm towards the doorway, allowing Adora to enter first.
"Seriously Catra?" Adora nicely asks her as she heads into the room. "I could have done it myself,"
"She would have been back by the time you knocked," Catra responds as she follows Adora into the room.
The giant crystal looms over them, almost as if it is trying to attack them. Adora's eyes widen in fear, but she still holds her ground by heading in there.
Thoughts about Shadow Weever's reaction trails into her head. She thinks of the look of disappointment on her face. Then her reaction grows into anger, and it startles Adora even more.
Catra seems more anxious to be in Shadow Weever's room. All of the fear she once had as a child is barely present as she strolls into her room like it's nothing.
Then Adora hears a familiar groan. The sound of Glimmer's pain pierced her soul, but she can't tell why. She sternly looks over to Glimmer, but what she sees slightly shocks her.
The bright red magic that once controls her is no where to be seen, and her body is against the floor. She's still breathing, but her eyes are softly closed, and her body remains frozen.
"Did she escape by herself?" Catra asks as her eyes slightly close, but then she largely grins. "If so, then Shadow Weever's magic is starting to fail,"
"How did she do it?" Adora asks herself.
Suddenly, a clouded part of her mind starts to unfold as she hears Glimmer's screams once again. Not in the room but while she was strapped against a solid table.
Her eyes widen in fear as she tries to cloud these memories once again, but they wouldn't budge. That one memory pours into her brain, and her lips tremble as she hears part of the thing.
Only two words trail into her mind as Shadow Weever whispers an entire sentence to her. Her words were cold, and betrayed. Her finally words echo inside of Adora's head as she tries to get it out.
~don't remember~
~don't remember~
~don't remember~
~don't remember~
~don't remember~
Those two words continue to prance inside of her mind as she suddenly remembers Shadow Weever's hands upon her face, and all of the pain that comes with it.
Catra continues to casually walk around the place. Her ears are large with trouble as her smile is large and content. She checks around the room to see if there is anything that Shadow Weever keeps a secret. She never notices Adora's memory gain, and if she did, Adora would never know her reaction.
Adora tried to stop that one memory from playing in her head, but it is no use. That memory keeps flooding her head, but she doesn't know why.
Suddenly, she hears another voice in her head. It seems de Deja Vu to her, but she can't tell why. The voice keeps telling her to go into a forest, but her mind tightly seals it off before it can talk to her anymore.
That memory still lingers in her mind, but slowly fades away. Glimmer's cry fades away too as she makes this illusion disappear.
"You okay Adora?" Catra asks Adora and her hands secretly form claws.
"Yeah, everything is okay," Adora kindly says to Catra. "It's just, what would Shadow Weever do?"
"Who cares about Shadow Weever?" Catra blurts our as Adora is a bit shocked. "She doesn't even have any dark secret or anything good. She probably doesn't even have an answer to each of your questions too. Let's get out of here,"
Adora only sighs as she heads out of the room with Catra. She remains silent as they head down the hall. Catra only glances at her time to time, but they weren't occasional smirks or encouraging postures. Instead, it is a look of betrayal and anger.
Whenever Adora looks at her though, she looks away, proceeding onwards like nothing has happened, but something did happen. Adora can tell.
She did do something back then, and she's certain it wasn't some sort of spell now. She knows her own friend (and maybe above) would never give her a look like that if it was just some sort of spell, but what is she suppose to do?
Adora makes it back to the quarters with Catra, and she fake smiles at her. She tries to play it off like that memory never even existed, but it still lingers.
Catra smiles back, but never shows any of her teeth. Her tail slightly curves around Adora's waist and her smile seems more mischievous than proud, which slightly makes Adora nervous.
"Welcome back," Catra says to Adora as she is only a few inches from her, having them meet face to face.
Adora has no idea why they are this close, and it startles her. Catra's right hand is on Adora's back and pulls her in even closer.
Their lips touch and Adora's eyes widen as Catra rolls along like it's nothing. Her mischievous eyes frighten Adora as she awkwardly looks at her. She can never pull away from the kiss though.
The kiss lasts a few seconds more before Catra pulls away, and Adora remains too shocked to even speak.  

(That was part 5. Originally, Adora was suppose to know what she was up to and say that there was a mouse, but I applied to fan service for once, even though nobody asked for it, but it's Adora x Catra.
Thanks for all of the support)