Chapter-14 BFF

Sagar's POV

After dropping Abdul and Ayaan at Abdul's house I drove back towards my home. It was quite late and I was sure everyone would be asleep by now so I will not have to answer anybody's questions. But seriously right now that's not my concern at all. I am feeling so angry that I can't even describe. I am really happy that I decided to go and try to know something about Sahil. The way he was behaving with that girl made my blood boil. I mean it's not that I oppose romantic relationships but the situation here is entirely different. That guy's marriage is fixed and he was sitting and flirting around with another girl. How I wish I could have punched him right in face, but I controlled myself somehow. It is really important for me to find out Sahil's relationship with that girl, after all this is about my sister's life. What if the guy turns out to be a player or worst if he continues with his affair even after marriage. I know Zuby very well and she will be devastated if anything such ever happens to her. Poor girl already has a messed up life, thanks to her uncle and his family. Anyway I am definitely going to visit Sahil again after a day or two. God!!! I am really pissed off; if my first impression about Sahil does not change after the next visit then I am definitely not letting Zuby marry him. I want her to get married to someone who will love her and support her in every walk of life and most importantly be honest in their relationship. I was so engrossed in being annoyed with Sahil that the ride back home seemed really short. I parked my car and opened the main gate of our house. As I entered and walked further in the garden I noticed Zuby was outside and already looking at me. As I approached her I tried to smile at her in acknowledgment but she almost narrowed her eyes before returning my smile with her beautiful smile. She immediately asked me about my whereabouts...
"Where are you coming from so late at night?" I looked around then answered her...

"I was out to meet a friend." By the look she gave me I was sure she was trying to make out if I am telling her the truth or not. Before I could try to cut short this discussion she spoke again...

"But when did you go? I thought you are also asleep by now. Are you fine Sagar? Why does it look like something is bothering you?" I just looked at my innocent friend and felt so helpless right now. I can't just tell her what is bothering me as I need to confirm a few things first. Deciding to dodge her question I asked her instead...

"What are you doing out at this hour? And where is Sagarika?" She looked at me and seemed to be lost in her thoughts for a few seconds. If I am not wrong she is having a debate within herself whether she should push me further or just drop the topic. I spoke again and this time got her attention...

"Where are you lost Zuby? I asked you something" She looked at me for another moment as if trying to recall my question and finally answered...

"Well actually I and Sagarika immediately fell asleep when we came back from the mall. I woke up around 10 and since I had not offered my night prayers so I did that first and thought of taking a walk outside." It was then I noticed she was still in her prayer scarf so I asked her...

"OK....but why are you still in your prayer scarf?" Zuby looked down and I noticed a slight tint of pink on her cheeks, she felt shy about something but answered me anyhow...

"Well...I actually already changed into my PJs and was in no mood to change back to come out so I just kept it on." Now I got it, I have never seen Zuby in her PJs but I have seen few of Sagarika's and I know both of them wear crazy looking PJs. Though I don't mind, they can wear anything that makes them comfortable. How I wish I can safeguard this innocent soul...feeling physically and emotional drained with all the events of the day I just wanted to sleep now so I said...

"Anyway I am going to my room; I am very tired and need some sleep. You should also sleep now otherwise you might miss your morning prayer." Zuby just smiled and wished me goodnight. I know tomorrow morning she will go to work from our place and then head back to her home in the evening. I will ask her if she needs a lift as she didn't bring her car. I entered my room and directly headed to my washroom. I need a nice shower before going to sleep tonight; it will help me relax a bit. After taking a bath I lie down on my bed and fall asleep within minutes.