Chapter-25 Forgiveness

Ayaan's POV

Zuby was sitting with her head leaning at the headrest of my lucky bed. I wish it was my shoulder she was leaning on for support, I smile at my thought. I hope she won't cramp her neck because of her odd sleeping position, but I don't want to disturb her. I sit at the other side of the bed and decide to wait for her to wake up. After almost ten minutes I thought of lying down myself, and don't know when I fell asleep too. I woke up at a knock on my door, I noticed Zuby was still asleep so without disturbing her I quickly got up and opened the door. Adila Appi was at the door with two plates of food...

"It's already almost 9 so I thought you people would have talked by now." Adila Appi said gesturing me to take the plates; I took the plates from her and replied...

"We didn't talk till now...when I came in the room Zuby was sleeping so I didn't disturb her." Adila Appi hummed and then said...

"You better wake her up now, she has not eaten her dinner till now and Sagarika had told me that she didn't even have lunch and also remove her sehra, I hope you remember it's a family tradition." I shook my head yes and moved back inside closing the door behind. I placed both plates on my dressing table and then turned to wake up Zuby.

I have been standing in front of Zuby for the past five minutes and still can't gather enough courage to wake her up. Because waking her means answering her, apologizing to her, assuring her, explaining her and what not. Then I realize it has to be done anyhow, and the sooner the better. I lightly shake her by the shoulder and call her name. Zuby moved I knew she woke up as she sat properly, trying to adjust her clothes. I sat in front of her and spoke politely...

"Umm...Zuby...it's me...Ayaan..." I cleared my throat and continued...

"Adila Appi told me I should help you in taking off this sehra...I am sure it's not very comfortable...umm...can I open it for you??" She did not answer me but I could see her fidgeting with her fingers...Think fast think fast...say something to make her comfortable you idiot...

"It's ok...I mean you don't have to worry...I will call Adila Appi and ask her to open it for you...it's just a silly family tradition so you don't worry I will just call her..." I got up to pick my mobile from the bedside table but heard her whisper before I could grab my mobile...

"I am fine with you helping" I smiled like a fool on hearing her say that. I know it's a silly tradition but somewhere deep down in my heart I wanted to do it, but only if Zuby was comfortable. I stood near her and she bowed her head a little. Those were some crazy knots on the sehra and I tried my best to open those knots quickly. Finally the knots were undone and I took off the sehra. I kept it on the bed beside Zuby and couldn't take my eyes off my beautiful wife. She looked even more gorgeous as a bride. She had lowered her gaze and I can't see her big, beautiful eyes. I wanted to hold her chin and lift her face to look in her eyes and kiss her, but I know it's not a good idea right now. Instead I got up and took out her gift from my wardrobe. Yesterday after buying my sherwani I went with Adila Appi to buy Zuby's 'mu dikhai' gift (gift given to wife on seeing her face for the first time after marriage) I bought her eight gold bangles, four for each hand. They were simple yet elegant; I hope she will like my choice.
I sat in front of her once again and gave her the box, she took it with shaky hands and I said...

"I bought these for you as a mu dikhai gift...I...I hope you will like them." She didn't utter a word so I asked her...

"Umm...please open and tell me if you like them..." she obliged to my request and opened the box and I heard a meek 'thank you'. I wanted to put those bangles on her hands myself. After all this is my first gift for my love so I asked for her permission...