Chapter-16 Following Her

Ayaan's POV

While on our way back to Zuby's boutique we both just talked about simple things. She told me about her friendship with Sagar and his twin sister Sagarika. Both of them are very protective towards her and even their parents love her like their own. I have already seen how concerned Sagar is about Zuby and I am sure his sister is no less concerned. In fact from what Zuby just told me she can kick somebody's ass if they mess with Zuby, I laughed at this. Then I told her about my work and how I set up everything, I skipped the part that my parents are not supportive and only praise my elder brother who is a neurosurgeon. After sometime her mobile starting ringing and she stopped the car and answered the call. Since I was sitting right beside her I was able to hear her side of conversation and also a little from the other side.

Z: Hey Sagu...what's up?
..............
Z: Right now I am on my way back to the boutique.
..............
Z: Actually I went with Ayaan to show him my plot for the new boutique.
..............
Z: Oh yes the same one.
.............
Z: No I won't be going home; I just brought my dress and everything else to the boutique.
............
Z: Yup!!
............
Z: You really think with him around I will get ready for the Alumni Meet in the same house.
...........
Z: Hmmm...Anyway you will stay with me tonight right??
...........
Z: Great! See you in the evening then.
...........
Z: Is everything alright? Anything serious?
...........
Z: Ok then...take care...

With that she disconnected the call and apologized for keeping me waiting. I assured her that it was fine and she does not need to say sorry for such a small thing. She started driving again and this time I was lost in my thoughts. I was able to hear the name 'Ashfaq' on the other side after which Zuby replied...' You really think with him around I will get ready for the Alumni Meet in the same house.'
I wonder who is he, but the way Zuby spoke about him I was sure about one thing that she does not like this guy. I also remember the night when I met Sagar and told him about my feelings for Zuby, he told me that Zuby has a cousin who bothers her. My blood boiled at the mere thought that someone is troubling my woman. How unfortunate I feel right now since I can't do anything for her. I still decide to give it a try and asked her...
"Umm...Zuby...if you don't mind can I ask who you were talking about right now?" She gave me a puzzled look and I rephrased my question...
"I mean is someone bothering you?" She spared me another glance then replied...
"I am sorry Ayaan but that's a personal matter. Please don't get me wrong but there are certain things in my life which I discuss with only my best friends" I understood that she is not the kind of person who sings her problems in front of anyone and everyone so I just nodded my head in agreement. I definitely respect her approach towards life but I really wish I can just take all her pain away. Thinking of pain I guess Sahil has not taken any action yet, neither he has called off the marriage nor said something that can add on Zuby's problems. Because if any of this would have happened Sagar would have informed me or should I say confronted me.
I am brought out of my thoughts when Zuby parks her car outside her boutique. I get out and thank her for the wonderful ride. She smiled saying that she should thank me since I agreed to go with her early morning. She said that she will come over to my office to discuss about the amount which will cost her in building up the new boutique. To hell with the amount, I have already decided that this boutique will be a gift from me to my darling. Anyway I assured her that she can come just whenever she wants to....
"You just need to give me a call an hour before you come so that I can be present in my office." She smiled and thanked me again. I really wish we can get over these formalities. I want her to order me, to demands things; I would love to spoil my girl. I want to do everything for her, even things which might be out of my control. I just hope that one day soon I will be able to tell her how much I love her. Oh God this girl is driving me crazy. I know that since I have finally found her I have become very impatient. But give me a break... how much patience can a man have. I have searched for her around two decades, so now that I have found her I never want to lose her again. Because this time I don't know how will I survive? I heard Zuby clear her throat and that was when I realized I have been staring at her...'way to go Ayaan' my inner self mocks me. I apologize for zoning out and finally say good bye and get in my car. She goes inside her boutique and I drive out of her driveway.
I was not very far when I realized that she is going to her college today. And she is going to dress up in her boutique itself, I just wanted to see her dressed up for a party. Till now I have always seen her in comfy casual clothes. I really want to see how she will look all dressed up; I really don't care if I sound like a creep right now. But I wonder how she would look with make up on. I have noticed she hardly applies any make up. Not that I am complaining, I am glad that I get to see her natural beauty.
Finally I decide that I will just park my car a little away from Zuby's boutique so that she cannot see me but I will know when she gets out of her driveway. I think I will just follow her to her college and see her all dressed up in I wonder which dress. I send a quick message to Abdul telling him that I am stuck somewhere and might not be able to come to office today. He didn't ask me any questions and just replied me an 'OK'. This was one thing I really admire about Abdul; the guy never asks unnecessary questions. Anyway I was able to find the perfect spot to park my car so that Zuby can't see me. After parking I settled down waiting for the love of my life to drive out.

I have been waiting here for almost three hours now, and it's 4.30 in the evening. I yawn feeling exhausted by sitting in the car for so long then suddenly I see Zuby drive out. Immediately I start driving behind her, I make sure to keep enough distance so that she won't notice me. Her college is pretty far from here and it takes us around an hour to reach there. On my way I think of how it would feel to pick and drop Zuby from her boutique every day. The small activities of day to day life will also turn beautiful and worth living with Zuby as my wife. My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed that Zuby entered her college premises. I can't just drive in there as this is a girl's college. I stay near the gate and try to get a glimpse of her when she gets out of her car. And then I see her, looking just so breathtaking. Talking to a girl while wearing a black dress with silver heels and a black and silver combination head scarf. The clutch that she is holding is also matching her dress as it is silver in color with black design. I can make out minimal make up on her face. Though I am standing a little far from her but I am sure that she has not caked herself up. I just want to rush to her right now and hug her tightly; I am having a feeling that it was just not a good idea following her. Now it is even more difficult for me to leave. All of a sudden a car comes and stops right beside me, totally blocking my view. I get irritated and see the girl in the car; she is sitting on the passenger seat while looking at me with a raised eye brow. I don't know why but she looks familiar. Not willing to create a scene outside Zuby's college I decide to drive away now, but before I can leave the girl from the car calls out my name with a smirk on her face...

"Hey Ayaan! Would you like to meet my brother?" I look at her confused and then she moves a little so that I can see the person driving her car. My eyes are wide in shock to see it's no one else but Sagar. And then I realize why I find this girl familiar, she is Sagarika...Zuby's best friend and Sagar's twin sister. The look Sagar is giving me makes it clear that I am in trouble. Just then Sagarika gets out of her car and winks at me saying...

"Good Luck lover boy...Sagar is totally in the BIG BROTHER mode right now." I look at her with an amused smile on my face and then she says one more thing before walking towards her college...

"By the way wipe off that drool from your mouth, I know my friend looks just Amazing in that black anarkali" Instantly my hand touched my mouth and there was no drool.... 'Did that girl just fool me' I shook my head smiling in her direction. Just then Sagar called my name and parked his car ahead of my car. He got down and walked towards me...

"What are you doing here Ayaan?" Sagar was definitely pissed off, I just waved my hands dismissing his anger and spoke...

"C'mon now Sagar you know I love her. Admiring the one you love is no crime man." He just shook his head in denial and said....

"Why can't you be a little more patient Ayaan. You have no idea if Zuby comes to know that you have been following her then she will just not like it. She might even stop meeting you or worst even stop talking to you." I get it now that whatever Sagar is saying is correct. I apologize and tell him that I just got carried away. I assured Sagar that this won't happen again. Trying to change the topic I ask him about Sahil. And Sagar told me that tonight Sagarika is having a sleepover at Zuby's place and that's when she will talk to Zuby about Sahil. Sagar also told me that Sagarika knows everything about me now, 'so that's why she called me lover boy' I thought to myself. Sagar also told me that Sagarika has suggested that first she will talk to Zuby about Sahil and convince her to say no to this proposal. She will not discuss anything about my feelings for Zuby yet. I was relieved by hearing this. I and Sagar said bye and drove off in different directions. I decided to go home now as I am sure I can't concentrate on work right now. On my way back home I just kept thinking about how pretty Zuby looked in that black dress. Reaching home I directly walked in my room but not before noticing that my parents were talking in hushed voices about something. I didn't bother to stop and ask them any questions and just walked away.