Chapter-23 The Wedding(part-2)

Third Person POV

Adila and Sagarika have their eyes on Sara and Jawwad while Sulekha is on her way distracting Ayaan's mom, Fatima. She was crying out loud telling her how Zuby is like her own daughter and how she is worried about her future. Fatima tries to assure her that her son will treat Zuby very well and they all will shower her with love and respect. Fatima got engaged in convincing Sulekha that she should not worry so much and she did not notice that the nikah ceremony has already started. The molvi (priest) has already started and was now about to ask Zuby if she accepts this marriage with Ayaan Siddique. As the groom's name was said Sagarika screamed near Sara's ear that her foot is hurting again and she also caught the attention of Jawwad. In fact her scream was so sudden that even Zuby couldn't make out her groom's name. But she remembered Adila and Sagu's advice. She said 'yes' and accepted her marriage with the said groom (even she didn't know her groom's name till now). Before anyone could say anything else Adila quickly started congratulating everyone and then the molvi left the room. Now it was the turn to ask the groom. Out where the men sat Sagar was there to help Bilal, they also had to distract three men, Jawwad, Ashfaq and Ayaan's father Affan. Sagar called Ashfaq telling him that his mom is calling him; he believes Sagar and goes inside since Sagar insisted that it is something important and Sara has called him immediately. Now Bilal was left to deal with Jawwad and Affan alone. As the nikah ceremony was started at the groom's side Bilal sent a message to Adila telling her that she need to act as if her BP is getting low, Adila already suffered with low BP at times so it was something Fatima and Affan will definitely believe. Then Bilal turned to Affan as the groom's name was about to be taken and told him that Adila is not feeling well and is again having a low BP. Just then the groom's name was taken and before Jawwad could register that which name was taken Ayaan agreed to the wedding and the nikah was complete. Ayaan quickly signed the papers and was glad to see Zuby's signature already on the papers.

Ashfaq came back irritated and when his father asked him why was he not present for the nikah ceremony he told that Sagar lied to him that Sara called him. When he reached his mother she told him that she never called him, now even Jawwad got a little suspicious but before he could say anything Affan said that they want to hurry up and take the bride home. Jawwad asked him for the reason behind rushing things and he said that his niece (Adila) is not feeling well and since she is very close to Affan she wants to go with the bride and not leave early. Even before Jawwad could answer Adila was out holding Sagarika's hand, as is she was acting to take support and behind her was Zuby with Sulekha and Sara. Though Adila made Ayaan promise that he won't act on impulse but almost everybody apart from Ayaan acted on impulse. Seeing his bride coming Ayaan got up and started moving towards the exit. Ashfaq held Ayaan by the shoulder and said we didn't even get to see the groom. Ayaan was stunned for a moment but then he realized the nikah is done and no one can do anything now. The worst thing possible was that his father might slap him in front of everyone but he didn't care much. He saw Zuby and Adila already seated in the car and just then he removed his sehra. Affan was shocked to see his younger son in place of his elder one as groom. Ayaan looked at him and knew that his father was angry like hell. Affan wanted to move forward and slap Ayaan but was stopped by Bilal.

Fatima was as shocked as her husband but couldn't utter a word. She walked to her husband and held his hand, Jawwad and his family was really confused to see someone else as the groom. He moved towards Affan to question him, just then Sagar came forward and ushered Ayaan in his car so that Zuby does not get to hear all the drama that was about to be revealed. Ashfaq tried to stop Ayaan but one tough look from Ayaan was enough for him to step back. Ayaan looked towards Bilal who gave him a nod and mouthed 'I will handle'. Sagarika and Sagar also got in the same car as the bride and groom. Sagar asked the driver to step out as he was going to drive.

As the car moved forward Zuby was able to hear her uncle scream in anger at someone. She held onto Adila's hand who was sitting on her right side and Adila assured her there is nothing to worry about. Ayaan was sitting on her left side and could make out that Zuby was very nervous so he just leaned to her ear and whispered...

"Just relax" Zuby was aware that this was her husband's voice but as it was a whisper she couldn't make out it was actually Ayaan. Just then Sagar and Sagarika tried to make Zuby feel a little more comfortable. Knowing that her friends were with her she did feel a little relieved but still wondered who her uncle angry at?

Sagarika got a call from her mother Sulekha telling her that she has already left for home with Sagar's car. She also asked Sagarika to stay with Zuby till everything was sorted out at Ayaan's place since his parents looked really annoyed. Sagarika agreed to her mother and told her that she was anyhow going to do this only. The rest of the drive was quiet; Ayaan wanted to hold his wife's hand but stopped himself from doing so. But when he felt Zuby sniff he understood that she is crying and just held her hand this time without thinking twice. He squeezed her hand in a comforting way, and yes this was the first time he touched her. On one hand he was worried for Zuby but on the other hand he could not describe how nice it felt to just hold her hand. Zuby felt a little uneasy at the sudden touch, but then she was able to relax as she realized that her husband was trying to comfort her. She did like his touch, it was different and warm.

Adila asked Sagar to stop the car and wait for Bilal and Ayaan's parents to join them. There at Zuby's house Bilal tried to stay strong as he was the only one aware of the whole situation. He could see the disappointment in Affan and Fatima's eyes as by now they had understood that Bilal helped Ayaan. They were furious at their son but right now they had to deal with Jawwad and Sara. Ashfaq threatened to call the police and complain about cheating to which Bilal very confidently showed them the nikah papers saying that the papers hold the correct names of the bride and groom plus he also said that both the bride and groom can tell the police that they were aware of everything. Bilal then moved towards Ashfaq and whispered in a threatening voice...

"I think you better call the police and I will make sure that Zuby tells about all the tortures you and your parents have done." Ashfaq looked into Bilal's eyes and knew he was not kidding. He also knew if the police came then his family could get into real trouble. Without wasting another second Ashfaq walked towards his father who was arguing with Affan and pulled him back asking him to drop the case.
Jawwad and Sara looked at their son with wide eyes, as if he has lost his mind. Ashfaq hissed...
"That guy Bilal knows how we have been treating Zuby" this was enough for his parents to hear and they backed off still glaring at Ayaan's parents.

Bilal went back towards Affan and Fatima and asked them to get in the car; they were really angry with Bilal but decided to discuss this matter in their own house and not at someone else's. They got in the car and no body spoke a word throughout the drive. As Adila noticed her husband's car passing by she asked Sagar to follow them. Zuby was really confused but did not have the courage to question anyone till now. When they all reached home Arhan was standing outside and the few guests were as shocked as Ayaan's parents to see Ayaan as the groom. Everybody got inside, Adila and Sagarika helped Zuby. It was difficult for her to walk freely, one because of the gharara she was wearing and secondly because of her sehra she couldn't see properly.

But the first thing which Zuby heard on entering her new house broke her heart....

"What in the world were you thinking before becoming the groom and marrying the girl who was supposed to get married to your own brother?"