Chapter-15 A Beautiful Day

Zuby's POV

Thursday morning

Like every other morning I woke early for my prayers. But I am way too excited today and there is not one or two but three reasons because of which I am so excited. The first one is that finally it's the Alumni Meet today...yapppiiiii!!!
The second is that Sagu will be coming back with me and we will have a sleepover at my place...hurrayyyy!!!!
And the third reason is that I am finally meeting Ayaan and I will be taking him to show the plot I bought for my new boutique.
I actually am surprised at the fact that after meeting Ayaan just twice I am comfortable enough to go with him alone. Earlier I had thought that tagging Sagar along with me will be necessary in all my meetings with the contractor. But that was the thought till I didn't meet him. I still think about the way he looks at me, and whenever I think about it I am sure I saw a longing look in his eyes. But I just don't know the reason for it. I smile remembering the day he came to my boutique unaware of the fact that it's mine. The way he treated his cousin melted my heart. I really wonder why I am thinking about Ayaan early in the morning. Taking a deep breath I move towards my wardrobe and take out my dress for the party tonight and also the one I will wear for work today. I have decided to change at my boutique and drive to my college directly from work. Because the last thing I want is Ashfaq to see me in a party wear and pass some sick comments. Though he thinks he is complimenting me but I can see the lust in his eyes which makes me both furious and upset. Talking of him I wonder when that jerk is going back. Well...he has been staying since almost two weeks now. That day when I came back from Sagu's place he was at home. I have kept my distance from him and not given him any chance to come closer to me. Sagar and Sagarika are also worried because of his presence and both of them keep on asking me if he is bothering me. Still I am not very comfortable in my own house.
A sudden feeling of sadness crosses my heart as I remember how I have started calling my home as my house. This property still belongs to me but there is no homely feeling for me in it anymore. Hence it is just a building I own not my home. Only if my parents were still alive things would have been different. I brush off the negative thoughts and head towards my washroom to take a bath and get ready for the day.

I had a chat with Ayaan last night on Watsap and I requested him if I can meet him early so that we can check the plot for my boutique. I told him I have a busy day ahead and he immediately agreed to my request. In fact he also offered me a lift but I told him I will drive my car. We decided to meet at my boutique and then go together from there. I recalled the call after our chat...

A: Hey...
Z: Hello...is everything alright?
A: Yes...why did you ask?
Z: We just had a conversation through chat and suddenly you called so...
A: Oh that...well actually I am not a chat person and typing again and again doesn't go well with me. So I thought of calling you and discussing tomorrow's plan.
Z: I see...
A: I hope you don't mind. I mean I called you at this hour and that too without asking.
Z: No that's absolutely fine. I mean it's just 10 at night and I don't sleep so early.
A: Great...
Z: So what did you want to discuss about tomorrow. I just hope you are not going to change the plan.
A: Nothing much I just wanted to say that it's no problem for me and I can directly pick you from your home. If you don't mind that is.
Z: Actually I won't mind but the thing is I need to go to my boutique first. And then to my college in the evening, as I told you. That's why I would prefer having my car otherwise in the evening again it will be a task for me to arrange a cab or ask someone to pick me.
A: I see...well then let's meet you at your boutique tomorrow morning. I will be there latest by 9. I hope that will be fine with you.
Z: Yes that will be just fine. See you then.
A: Ok...see you tomorrow morning.
(There was silence on both ends for a while...)
Z: Good night...bye.
A: Take care.

The funny thing I found in the whole call was that he just discussed the same thing which we had already discussed over the chat. I wonder why my mind is drifting towards Ayaan again and again, anyway I had a bath and I wore my white jeans with a purple long shirt and a pair of black sandles. I took my black anarkali dress which I was going to wear for the Alumni Meet along with the matching heels, headscarf and the little bit of cosmetics I use and of course my favorite perfume and a matching clutch too. I placed all this in my car and around 7.30 left for my boutique. It takes me almost half an hour to reach there and after placing my things inside I made sure everything in the boutique was in its place. Shifa arrived early today as I told her that I will be going out for the new boutique work and she was supposed to look after the boutique when I was gone. As Neetu, my other sales girl took off today; Shifa had to take care of work alone till I come back. Taking out my laptop from its bag I checked the details of my available stocks, making notes of every material that is to be ordered for the smooth flow of my designing. Mostly I design the dresses myself and I also keep designs from other designers available too. I got so involved in my work that I did not notice it was already 9 o'clock and just on time Ayaan entered my boutique. I heard footsteps and as I looked up I saw Ayaan. He smiled at me and I quickly tried to wind up my work. Shutting down my laptop I got up and picked up my purse. I greeted him and then informed Shifa about my exit while walking out of my boutique. I insisted on taking my car since it was easy for me to drive than tell the directions. Ayaan did not protest, I was surprised but also happy that he easily agreed.

Ayaan's POV

We seated in her car and Zuby started driving. She looked at me surprised so I asked her...

"What are you surprised at?" She smiled and said with her eyes on the road...

"I am surprised that you agreed so easily to let me drive. Sagar would never agree to sit in the passenger seat while I drive." I don't know why but I felt a little annoyed at hearing her say that and replied instantly...

"I am not Sagar" she looked at me with hesitant eyes and just nodded her head and continued to drive. I guess she picked up that I didn't like what she said. I mean c'mon man I love this woman and want to marry her, make her mine for eternity, hold her, and make love to her and what not. And she on the other hand is comparing me to her best friend who treats her no less than a sister. I don't even want to be friend zoned by her forget of getting brother zoned.
We stayed quiet for a while, she concentrated on the road ahead and I just stared outside. Taking a deep breath I recalled my meeting with Sahil yesterday. Yes, I finally couldn't take it anymore and went to meet him last evening. I don't know what will be Sagar's reaction once he comes to know about this. When I met Sahil I was in no mood to beat around the bush so I started by directly telling him that I want to talk something about his fiancé Zuby. He did look a little surprised but once I was done trying to convince him that I love Zuby and want to marry her plus I am also aware of his affair with that girl we saw with him his expressions changed. Firstly he gave me an annoyed look but then he told me that his parents are not ready to accept his relation with that girl. I tried to convince him that he should marry the girl he loves and not spoil four lives...to be honest I heard a similar dialogue in some movie I guess... he did not agree and finally I had to threaten him saying that I have his pics with that girl and I will not hesitate in showing those pics to his parents. It was definitely a bluff but he bought it. It was then he agreed that he will call off his marriage with Zuby. I walked out from his restaurant but I did not feel happy. I don't know why but there was this fear in me that if anything goes wrong what will I do? Now I almost regretted that I acted out of desperation. When I reached back home I started feeling more and more anxious, what if Sahil does or says something that could harm Zuby. I called up Sagar for just a casual talk and to indirectly check on Zuby. I also tried to convince him that we should confront Sahil, not telling him that I have already done that. After talking to Sagar I tried to convince myself that Zuby is fine and my actions have not gone wrong. Later at night I had a chat with Zuby and she requested me to meet her today. I couldn't resist any more so I called her around 10 at night. I wanted to hear her just to be sure that she was fine. We had a short conversation and hung up.
Taking a deep breath I thought about how a while ago I told her that I am not Sagar. I realize I said it a little too rudely so I looked in her direction and said...
"I am sorry for being rude a while ago" She looked at me for a second then again turned her gaze to the road. She smiled and replied...
"It's absolutely fine; I can understand it doesn't feel good to be compared to someone." I smiled at her understanding nature; she is such a beautiful person both inside and out. I really love her a lot.

Zuby stopped her car near a road side food stall and turned towards me with a sheepish smile and spoke...

"Actually I did not eat breakfast today, you mind if I quickly grab something?" I couldn't stop myself and smiled at her shy smile then replied...

"Get me something too because even I didn't eat breakfast" I winked at her and she laughed. She got out of her car and I followed her, I can't let her pay for anything when I am around. She ordered two egg rolls for both of us after asking me if I eat eggs. After she ordered I pulled her back by holding her wrist and paid for our order. She tried to stop me but I just gave her a tough look and she was quiet. We took our egg rolls and ate them then started back towards the plot. It took us another fifteen minutes and we were finally there. We got out of the car and I followed Zuby as she walked towards the piece of land she bought for her new boutique. I must say the location of the plot was very good. I walked around looking at the plot and making a mental note of the important things. I assured Zuby that I can make her the perfect boutique she wants. She was so happy to hear that and wanted to discuss the money matters straight away. I just dodged that topic stating that we can do all those discussions in my office at our next meeting. After all I had to find out a way to meet her again. She agreed with me and finally we drove back to her boutique. This couldn't be better I thought, me being able to spend so much time with Zuby is a blessing. How I wish I can spend my whole life with her.