1

All pictures are meant to be photos someone took with Marlene's Polaroid

As I stood, wrapped in a blanket and looking around Sirius's dorm for my underwear, I heard a knock on the door.

"Busy!" I called, assuming whichever boy it was would leave when they heard my voice. When I heard the door open, my head whipped around. "What the fu— oh Lily, it's just you."

"You looking for Prongs, Evans?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows seductively. I laughed as Lily shot him a look of disgust.

"You wish. I'm here for Marlene." She grabbed my arm and started to pull me out of the room.

"Lils, my clothes," I said as I resisted. I was
strong from quidditch, so I didn't budge as she pulled at me. She rolled her eyes.

"Accio Marlene'a underwear." She waved her wand and my underwear flew from Peter's bed on the other side of the room.

"How'd those get over there?" I asked, looking over at where Sirius was laying in his bed. He winked at me but didn't respond. I shrugged and dropped the blanket to get dressed.

"Marlene!" Lily scolded me. I stopped for a moment to look at her.

"Nothing either of you hasn't seen before."

"Nothing all of Gryffindor house hasn't seen before," Sirius chuckled. I raised a finger at him.

"Shut it, you. That was one time." He let out a bark like laugh as I pulled up my skirt and lily pulled me out of the room. I waved at him over my shoulder and he winked in response, raising a hand lazily to wave back.

As soon as Lily pulled me into our dormitory, she spun around and crossed her arms. I crossed mine right back at her, standing my ground.

"We've talked about this Marlene! Sure you're supposed to be getting under someone to get over someone, but not the someone you're supposed to be getting over!"

"Get over yourself Lily, there's nothing wrong with what Black and I are doing. Everyone knows we're going to end up together. We're just wasting time pretending we aren't."

"He broke your heart Mar," she said more softly.

"He did not. You know exactly why we broke up, and don't you pretend any different Lily Evans." I said coldly, glaring at her. She looked down guiltily.

"Mar..."

"No, I don't want to hear it. Don't you lecture me on my life until you have yours together, thank you very much. Don't think I don't see how you look at James. If only you could've figured that out a little earlier."

I walked out of the room and down into the common room, where I saw Dorcas sitting on the couch. I flopped down next to her and laid my head in her lap.

"You smell like sex Marls," she pointed out.

"Oh shush. I'll shower later."

We went down for supper together, the three of us. I hadn't spoken to Lily since our little argument in the dormitory, but I knew it wouldn't last long. However, I did feel a small (or not so small) twinge of petty pleasure when I walked into the Great Hall to see that Mary and Emmeline we're already sitting with the boys. I squished myself in between James and Sirius, not wanting to sit beside Lily yet. I winked at Sirius when I sat down, and I felt his hand on my leg just under the hem of my skirt.

"Hello Marley," James said. I turned away from Sirius to smile at him.

"Hello James. How are you this fine evening?"

"Not as fine as you are, from what I hear." I rolled my eyes and elbowed his ribs. He lowered his voice and whispered in my ear. "When are you two gonna stop wasting your time pretending you aren't meant to be together?" I leaned in and whispered to him in response.

"We will when Lily does."

I looked over to where she was sitting on the other side of James. She was watching him intently, but we both pretended she wasn't when I caught her eye. I shot her a small smile and she gave me one back, looking relieved.