14

A couple of days later, Lily came to visit. We sat in the window seat of the Potter's living room and watched as the boys worked in Sirius's bike in the front yard.

"God, I wished he'd shave that beard," I said fondly as I watched him. "It's kinda sexy thought, right?" I asked Lily, biting my lip.

"No comment. But if you think it's sexy, why would you want him to shave it?"

"It's scratchy," I shrugged. She mined throwing up.

"Never mind, forget I asked."

We fell into silence, and I noticed that Lily was watching James with a small smile on her face.

"Mar?" She spoke hesitantly.

"Yeah Lils?"

"How did you know you wanted to be with Sirius?" I looked over at her slyly.

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason," she said hurriedly. "Just...you guys hated each other and now you're so in love."

"Do you remember when I went on that date with Gilderoy Lockhart? I brought him to that barbecue at the Potters?"

"Yeah? What does that have to do anything?"

"Do you not remember what happened?" Her face lit up what the memory hit her.

"So you knew you liked him because he punched your date?"

"He was defending me. Lockhart called me a bitch and said he just wanted to get me into bed. And Sirius defended me. And then he really angrily asked me out because Mrs.Potter pointed out that he liked me."

"I never knew that." I shrugged.

"It's ok if you like James, Lily. He's grown up a lot, trust me. And he really cares about you." She scoffed unconvincingly.

"What? No. Im not...Im not talking about James. I'm just wondering. You know, about love in general."

"Mmhm. Sure you are. You might want to keep your eyes off Love in General, or he might notice." She blushed and looked away from the window.

"Have you heard from your brothers yet?"

"Ah, smooth change of topic. No, I haven't. I sent McGonagall a letter, she says they're fine. I'm not too worried. Pissed of, mostly."

"I'm sorry love. I'm also sorry about the Potters catching you in bed with Sirius."

"No you're not. And they didn't catch me "in bed" with Sirius. They caught me sleeping in Sirius's bed. Not the same."

"Was Sirius also in the bed?"

"Yes?"

"Then they caught you in bed with Sirius. Anyway, if you were Sirius's bed, and Sirius was in Sirius's bed, I doubt that there was nothing going on in Sirius's bed." I grabbed the pillow from behind me and threw it at her.

"There was nothing going on! We were just sleeping, you can ask James! In fact, go ask James now." She hit me with her pillow.

"You just want me to go talk to James!" She laughed.

"Yes i do! Go!"

She rolled her eyes but stood up anyway. Sirius headed in as Lily headed out. They met near the door and I could see them whisper to each other. He nudged her towards James and then walk inside. He came over to the window seat and sat down beside me. He leaned in to give me a quick kiss. When we broke apart, I ran my hand down his cheek, rubbing his beard.

"When are you gonna shave this?" I asked him fondly.

"Please, Evans just told me you think it's sexy." He smirked at me.

"Doesn't make it less scratchy."

"Whatever." I glanced out the window to where James and Lily were talking, huge smiles on both their faces.

"Do you think they'll ever realize how perfect they are for each other?" I wondered aloud. Sirius shrugged.

"If we did, they will. Anyway, how are you baby?"

"What do you mean?"

"How are you? Like, with all your family stuff."

"Who knew Sirius Black had a soft spot? You're sweet for worrying, but I'm fine."

"You're my soft spot. You know I love you. You're my chick."

"I love you too, now go fix your bike." I swatted his leg and he stood up, kissing my face quickly again before he walked out.