Drunk

Title : Drunk
Pairing : Nomin (Jeno x Jaemin)
College Students!Nomin

"What didn't kill me
It never made me stronger at all"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

He stared at his alarm clock on his feet, all bang up and dead. The front glass was shattered into tiny pieces, the hands were no longer moving. Batteries rolled out of it from the back.

His alarm clock could function no more. He even doubted the best reparation shop in town could fix it.

His alarm was broken. Don't even ask him about his heart.

Jeno grabbed a broom and shoved all of the clock pieces into a plastic bag, throwing it into the garbage can in front of the building where he lived on his way to college.

The grey walls of the flat building really seemed dull, it didn't feel like home anymore. Jeno would like to go back to his parents' house but he knew it was impossible since they lived on the other side of the country.

The soles of his shoes felt like they were made of bricks as he walked down the pavements of the sidewalk. Jeno just wanted the earth to drown him, swallowing him whole and let him exist in the realm of nothingness.

Numb and unable to move, Jeno wouldn't call this a life.

The bus ride was getting boring. All Jeno could hear was old ladies talking about big discount on eggplants at a supermarket. Some group of students from an all-boy school were joking about something they found interesting. It revolved around car, superhero movies, and pornstars. Jeno had passed that phase in life.

He wished he could block out their conversation with a talk about Julius Caesar or Hannibal. Just like it used to be.

Stop. Jeno warned himself.

Students were everywhere to be seen in college. The place where Jeno studied was one of the most popular one, attracting students from all over the country. Some even came to study there from abroad.

Jeno didn't see the members of the photography club waving at him from the distance. He kept his gaze ahead, avoiding eye contact. His head hung low, bangs covered his forehead. Jeno was not much of a social butterfly, he's somewhere in the middle. He didn't have to deal with people flocking over him like how they do with popular folks.

Of course, that didn't apply for his friend.

"Oh my goodness. You should join the casting for the Walking Dead. I'm sure they'll let you slide in as one of the zombies. They'll put you in front." Donghyuck's joke could always make his day ten times better, but not that day.

Jeno offered him a sly smile as his ass landed on the chair next to Donghyuck's. The class would only begin in half an hour, but they chose to wait there in the classroom. Everywhere else was crowded.

"I bet you woke up late and just left your flat without taking a shower. I bet you didn't even change your jeans, you just wore a new hoodie."

"Is that so wrong, though?" Jeno muttered. "I saw them jocks after parties. They sometimes walk around in their boxers."

"Just... I'm worried. You didn't show up for a week straight at first. Then you came, but you skipped classes. Now this." Donghyuck dusted off Jeno's shoulder, "I know you're going to the pub every night now, drinking God knows what until you're high and start puking later."