Staying Up

Title : Staying Up
Pairing : Renjun x Chenle (Renle)
⚠️ Cigarettes and Alcohol

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

Chenle rubbed his eyes and yawned. His friend Jisung had returned to their shared bedroom but there he was, doing his assignment in the common room, alone. Well, he’s not alone alone. There were some of his seniors that sat on the other corner of the room. Mostly third year seniors.

As much as he hated school trip, Chenle had to tag along on this trip. He just got into uni and to be a part of the faculty’s student council, he had to attend this enrichment program. Chenle hoped that it would be a full day talk show or something boring inside the campus’ auditorium. Boi was he wrong. It was a three days, two night stay in a villa. The place where they stayed was located in the mountain area, far away from the capital city. Chenle hadn’t gotten any signal since they arrived there last night.

Chenle started to get annoyed by how loud his seniors were. Especially that jock Wong Yukhei. God knows how many cans of beers had he gulped down. It’s not like Yukhei did something crazy, he was just being too noisy. The transferred student from Hong Kong wouldn’t stop talking nonsense. Chenle hated that none of Yukhei’s friends were sober enough to slap the heck out of him.

He sighed loudly and continued writing the essay he was working on. Laying on his stomach on top of the common room’s thick rug with his head hung low, Chenle cursed at his professor for being so uncultured. They could’ve typed the essay and sent it to the professor’s email but no that old lady wanted it written. Who was she kidding?

The fact that Chenle hadn’t had enough sleep and it’s one in the morning just made it worse. Chenle couldn’t think straight. If he didn’t know himself better, he would think that he’s as high as his seniors. The only difference was instead of alcohol, the thing that ran in his bloodstream was stress. Chenle always got light-headed and quite often he would start to say random things or make weird noises whenever he’s stressed. That night, Chenle was stressed and sleep deprived. A recipe for disaster.

“Hey, mind if I join you?”

Chenle rubbed his eyes so he could see the person’s clearly. Oh, it was one of his seniors. What was his name again? Chenle couldn’t remember. He did know that this senior was a part of the faculty’s art club. He was also in charge of the council’s art department.

“No, not at all.” Chenle shook his head and focused back on his paper. The senior took a seat next to him, peeking from behind Chenle’s shoulder to see what he was working on.

“I suppose this is for Professor Han’s class?”

Chenle nodded, absent-mindedly. He knew it was impolite to do that to a sunbae but his half-awake self couldn’t care less. “She’s a bitch.”

“You haven’t met Professor Kim yet. She’s worse. She’ll make Han looks like a schoolgirl.” The senior chuckled. “What’s the topic for the essay?”

“Korean diaspora.”

“Ah, I see. Want me to help you out?”

“Thanks but no thanks. I can sort this out on my own, sunbaenim.”

“Please, just drop the formality already. It’s nice to have another Chinese student around. Why don’t you just call me ge?”