Give Me Love

Title : Give Me Love
Pairing(s) : Markhyuck

"Give me love like never before
'Cause lately I've been craving more"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

His eyes followed every movement of the senior, who was currently walking across the cafeteria. The guy didn't look cheerful and friendly as how he used to be, now he looked gloomy and sad. Like a dark cloud was hanging above his head.

"If you're that  worried, you can talk to him. Nobody is stopping you from doing it." Renjun broke the silence, and pulled Donghyuck out of his thoughts.

"It's not that easy." Donghyuck muttered.

"Oh, come on, Hyuck. He's your neighbor. You rode bikes with him around the block when you were younger. I bet Mark will appreciate your concern. He looks miserable, and probably he needs someone to talk to."

"Hell, he has his girlfriend for that, right?"

"They broke up."

"Oh." Donghyuck suppressed the bubbly feeling that grew inside of him. It was not the right time to feel happy, Mark probably needed someone to talk to.

"Mark looks pretty straight to me... But so does a pack of spaghetti until they're wet." Renjun smirked. "Go get him, Hyuck. You're way better than that girl anyway."

Donghyuck spent the rest of his day at school making up some scenarios in his mind. He wondered what he should say, what Mark's reaction might be, would they end up together or not...

...scratch that last thought, Donghyuck wouldn't have a chance. It's Mark Lee, we are talking about. The school's number one student.

Donghyuck planned to stop by Mark's locker after school, but he was to shy to waddle around the senior area. He also planned to walk home with Mark, but Donghyuck got tackled halfway through the lobby by Jaemin. He lost the sight of Mark. Feeling defeated, Donghyuck walked home alone.

It wasn't until he reached his bedroom on the second floor when he finally found a potential plan. Mark's windows and his was facing each other. The half Canadian guy next door would sometimes sit on the windowsill and strummed his guitar. So, Donghyuck waited.

Dinner passed by, the late night news had already ended, but Mark hadn't showed up yet. Donghyuck almost gave up when he heard the sound of the creaking window. He decided to peek through his curtain, and there he was. Mark Lee and his classic guitar. He was strumming a random tune, Donghyuck liked the sound of it. It took him a few minutes before he finally got the gut to open his own window.

"Is that your original tune?" Donghyuck asked, trying to start a conversation.

He didn't ask out loud, but the darkness swallowed every sound around them and Mark smiled. Donghyuck swore, that wasn't a real smile he was showing.

"Maybe. It has been sticking in my head for quite awhile." Mark chuckled. "I'm sorry, I must have disturbed your night—"

"No, no, you did nothing wrong. I like it." Donghyuck bit his bottom lip. "I like the tune."

Mark raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

Donghyuck nodded. "It's beautiful and bewitching... but it sounds so sad."

Universe | NCT Dream One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें