Supermarket Flowers

Title : Supermarket Flowers
Pairings : Jisung x Jaemin

"And I know that when God
took you back he said
Hallelujah
You're home"

•  ¤  •

J

aemin had just noticed how distant Jisung was being. He usually pipped in the conversation between the group at lunch. In the worst days, he would be sitting close to Chenle and rested his head on the dolphin boy's shoulder, ignoring the world around him.

Jisung had never shut people out completely. It was weird to see him zoning off in his seat, not talking to the group, not leaning on Chenle. He was just there, eyes not focused.

To say that Jaemin was worried is an understatement. Jaemin could feel how Jisung was not in the good state of mind.

Seemed like their friends noticed too. Even Donghyuck wouldn't bother the youngest amongst them.

"Yah, Jisung-ah. You should eat something." Jaemin tried to push a plate of sauteed veggies and some mashed potatoes. "You're getting skinnier."

"I'm fine, hyung. Don't worry."

The group exchanged glanced as Jisung ignored the plate in front of him. Chenle sighed and continued to eat his lunchbox. Jeno sent an "at least you tried" glance towards Jaemin. Donghyuck started to argue again with Renjun about the proper way to park a car.

If only Mark was there. Of course, things weren't exactly the same since the oldest had graduated from high school. Their group of friendship were still intact, sometimes they also went to Mark's house and hung out. But when it comes to asking "what's wrong" and approaching the group members to have a heart-to-heart convo, Mark was the guy.

Jaemin didn't know what to do with Jisung. The youngest boy didn't even say goodbye to the group when the bell rang. It must be pretty darn serious.

So, Jaemin did what he thought was the best thing he could do.

Jaemin waited for Jisung after school. They were about to go to Dunkin' Donuts, but Jaemin assured the other guys to go ahead first.

It took awhile until Jisung stepped out of the school building, wearing his windbreaker and Jansport hanging from his shoulder. Once the younger locked eyes with Jaemin, who waited at the bottom of the stairs, Jisung lowered his head. Jaemin kind of hoped Jisung would walk passed him without exchanging words, but he was wrong.

Jisung stood in front of him, eyes still glued on the floor.

"Hi." Jaemin said softly, not wanting to scare the boy.

"Hello." Jisung replied, his voice was hoarse.

"Walk with me?" Jaemin offered.

There they went, walking out of the school together, side by side. Jisung still had not talked to Jaemin. The sound of other people's chatter and cars passing by sounded distant as Jaemin's attention was all focused on Jisung.

He didn't know where they were heading, but Jisung stopped in front of a convenience store. It wasn't a small store, it was almost as huge as supermarket.

"Wanna go inside?" Jaemin asked.

Jisung nodded and walked in, Jaemin followed him from behind. Jisung strolled around the areas for awhile before going to the secluded section in the back. Jaemin watched as Jisung grabbed a bouquet of flowers from a vase. He wanted to ask who the flowers was for, but he didn't.