What Do I Know?

Title : What Do I Know?
Pairing : Markno (Mark x Jeno)
⚠️ Step-brother Markno

"Love can change the world in a moment
But what do I know?"

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

After going away for almost three months, Mark finally came back to his hometown. A small, suburban town with friendly neighbors who weren't always up on their neighbors' asses. Mark loved his hometown. It might not be the place where he was born, but it's the place where he didn't mind coming back to.

Especially when there were people there who waited for him, his family. His father, his step-mother, and his step-brother Jeno. Even though Jeno and his mother had only entered his life for three years, Mark was grateful for their existences.

His step-mother always called him when he's away, playing gigs in other cities. She reminded him to eat breakfast and brush his teeth before bed.

Jeno was eight months younger than him, and way more clueless. Mark never had a younger brother, so he was curious how it would be like having Jeno around the house. Turns out, Jeno was a brilliant, straight-A student. He helped Mark during his finals.

Mark loved his father, and the new addition to their home. Mark loved his family.

When he got back from another small tour across the country, he was welcomed with warm dinner and the smell of cinnamon rolls baking inside the oven. Being an indie singer who is constantly on a tour, Mark didn't get the chance to eat warm food for dinner.

"How's Johnny?" His father asked when they were having dinner.

At the mention of his manager's name, Mark giggled. "Wasted in the last pub we went to last night. We had to leave him behind to catch the flight, but Lucas volunteered to stay."

"Lucas?"

"Oh, he's the new sound technician." Mark explained. "He's around my age. You haven't met him."

"I haven't." His father nodded. "By the way, where's Jeno, Honey?"

His step-mother put down her fork and napkin. "I bet he fell asleep upstairs. I told him to go easy on the revision and that kid never listens." She got up from her seat and went upstairs, calling out for Jeno.

"Oh, he's about to face the finals?" Mark asked.

"Yeah. He's mad nervous about it." Mr. Lee sighed. "Honestly, Jeno is way more chill when you're around, Mark. Maybe because you're so... laid back and it kinda rubbed on him a bit. Go take him to the pub or something, later. God knows he needs it."

They heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Mrs. Lee came down, followed by Jeno who was still wearing his glasses. He took a seat across from Mark and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, hyung." Jeno greeted. "How's the tour?"

"It went great." Mark beamed. "You've been working out?"

Jeno's eyes widened and his right hand unconsciously touched his left bicep. He was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt and forgot about it. Jeno was pretty insecure about his biceps.

"N-no, I'm a volunteer at the local animal shelter and I pick up tons of cat food and dog food sacks around." Jeno stuttered, eyes avoiding Mark. "Also, I take the big dogs for a walk every evening. Big dogs, like... pitbulls, retrievers, rottweilers... They pull me a lot so I gotta... I gotta..."

"It's great. You look fit." Mark gave him two thumbs up. "Man, I should stop drinking beers and help Yuta unloads our amplifiers next time."

"Maybe you should." Mr. Lee laughed.