Words of Marc Warnick

I know who and what I am. All of me. I've been a thief, a liar, a vandal. I've caused detriment to myself, and to others. I know where I come from, and what my roots are. I know who I was then to make those mistakes. I've fought my way back from death... twice, and danced on the edge a thousand times. I was left for dead on a highway in California, bleeding out, I drank myself to 20,000 leagues under the sea. And I've had the audacity to forget these lessons I've learned from the brink. I'd like to say I've entered the chrysalis, or the cocoon phase of my life and come out the other side. The truth is, I don't know if we ever come out the other side in this consciousness. But I'm a different being now. I'm a devoted father, partner, son, and professional. I've been a teacher, a mentor, a friend, and brother. I know where I've been, and more importantly, where I'm going. I've had the help of people at pivotal moments that are no longer present in my life. Do I appreciate them any less? No. They are forever etched in my story. The learning of life's lessons is a constant. The universe will show you everything you need to see and know, by deed and example. Remember where you were, more importantly where you are, and where you're going. Only you can chart your course. The tools are there. You have them. Use them. These are merely thoughts that help me understand life, and who I am. The responsibility of self if you will. I post them, because I do a lot of self work mentally, and hope that others may take something from these. Hopefully they help.
~Marc Warnick