Full Circle

I do. I believe it is some sort of depression that keeps me up in the dark. Getting time to yourself is hard to do for me lately.  I feel light.
   I have barely any ropes on me these days. I'm goin with the flow of this amazing quick pace journey. I know where my destination is. I know where to point the needle so to speak, but the reality is I just don't know when I want to get there.
    I do not feel adventurous in Tucson. I love this area for its culture and distinct flavors.  A brilliant landscape with a dirty city. It's dusty and hot.
  Living in the camper, is the only true adventure here.
   I have to take it and dump it. It's basically a tin can here. The air conditioner can only work so hard and it just doesn't even have what it takes to push around triple digit weather.
So I guess my adventure here in the camper is just learning to suffer the extreme weather. It never gets cool enough. Not until 3am or so.
So I just got back from Sturgis and I'm gonna tell you even through the corona, that was the chillest rally of all time. There wasn't a lot of people there to be honest, that's what made it so chill. You could get around. Places to park. Walk up to the bar and get a drink quick. It was super rad!
This year was a super rad fucking Rally because I got to tattoo two powerhouses and part of a small number of women who were like the foundations for young women tattooers stand on. I'm proud to have tattooed a woman who is well known in tattooing now many more years than she's been working the rally and She's been doing Sturgis now for 35 years.
Her name is Kay Davis.

   I never heard of her before meeting her in the tattoo shop, but that isn't unusual with artist who have  events they attend every year

   I never heard of her before meeting her in the tattoo shop, but that isn't unusual with artist who have  events they attend every year. She didn't tell me any poor stories about how hard she had it being a young  female tattooer in an era when it was the outer realms of society getting tattooed.
   I got to tattoo her. She wanted me too. I was super juiced to hear her ask me. "I'm like I'm over here trying to buy one from you. " I said.
  The whole Reason I found my way to Knuckleheads Tattoo was another offer on the table from the hand of a good friend of mine, Tom Meyers, and I honestly could not pass it up. Forefront Female Tattooing Trailblazer, Jackhammer Judy Parker. 
   Judy, unlike Kay Davis, I have known about her since my beginning in professional tattooing.
    She's a freehand artist that whips up amazing wildlife landscapes  and draws people doing stuff in them.  She has flash dating back to the 80's and all her tattoo designs were flavored in her own sketchy natural drawing ability. Super nice. Very generous. I have always loved her. 
    Just doing her designs, fed my children so many times, I cannot count how many,  honestly. The iconic Judy Parker was also tattooed by me.
Running the Sturgis Rally for 26 years.