Part 13

I stood up, taking a deep breath and wiping my tears.

"She was here," I said feeling the tears well up again.

"Tom we will find her, I promise." Detective Smith said looking down.

We walked back to the car slowly. The leaves from last fall crunching under our feet.

"Have you checked the woods?" I asked.

"Not since we got the location off Harry's phone. By him calling you we got his phone number allowing us to pinpoint his last location."

"Check the woods, he could have her somewhere in here," I said.

"I know, I'll get a team on it right away." He said before picking up a radio and calling it in. "Tom you can't come with us."

"Please, I'll stay in the car. I promise." I said pleading. I had to come, I needed to see her as soon as they found her, breathing or not.

"I have to check with the head of the department. The search team will start tomorrow morning." He said turning off the dirt road.

I took a deep breath and looked back at the woods. Y/n I promise I will find you. The rest of ride back to the station was quiet, every time I Thought about what Harry could have possibly done to her, my first thought was I wanted to kill him, the second thought made tears trace a river down my cheek.

"Tom, I have to take you back to school," Detective Smith said as he drove past the station.

"You have to promise me you will tell me the second you find something, anything," I said looking at him.

"Okay, I promise. Just stay in school, if it's anything significant I will come and get you."

I opened the car door, wiped my tears and walked into school. John ran up to me;

"What happened?" He asked me worry painted his face. "You've been crying." He finished quietly.

"They found where he kept her, she was gone by the time they got there," I said breaking down again. "She fought John, she fought to keep breathing, to live. He took her out of the house right after he called me. She left us a message." Tears poured out my eyes dripping onto the speckled tile floor.

"I'm sorry dude, it's not fair." He said.

"No, it not!" I yelled. "He hurts everyone I love," I added sobbing even more.

The bell rang signaling the start of lunch.

"Follow me," John said walking towards a custodial closet.

He closed the door behind me and turned on the light.

"I figured you didn't want everyone seeing you breaking down." He said quietly as I continued crying. Sobs racked my body, tears pooled on the floor forming a lake then an ocean. Those tears mixed with the blood pouring out of my chest, Harry took my heart and day by day he sliced another deep gash, after four months those gashes multiplied until my heart was gushing blood until it couldn't beat any longer.

I looked back at John who was sitting on the floor across from me, Tears traced a small line down his cheek. He saw me looking and wiped it quickly away.

"Do you want me to find anyone?" John asked.

I wanted y/n, but he couldn't find her, "Ella, Ella St Jean." I said. She was the one other person who truly understood my pain. John got up and walked out of the closet closing the door behind him.

Please keep breathing, y/n. I need you to be alive. I thought more tears flowing freely down my face. The door opened, and Ella walked in.

"Tom," She started. She walked to my side and slid down the wall. She wrapped her arms around me I sobbed into her chest. "I'm so sorry." She whispered.

An hour went by, then another. I kept me crying into her chest, and her arms tightly wrapped around me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked gently.

"Not really," I said tears still tracing their way down my cheeks, no longer a torrent, but still a steady stream.

"If you ever want to talk, I'm here," Ella said. "Can you at least tell me what the police told you, she was my best friend."

"They said they had gotten a location from Harry's call when they got there, Harry and y/n were gone. She scratched a message into the floorboards before he moved her. There were two bundles of rope saturated with blood, Ella he tortured her and It's all my fault, he hurt her because of me. If I had let her go with him during gym we wouldn't be in this situation." I said fresh tears trickled down my cheeks.

"Tom stop blaming yourself. She never wanted to be with Harry during gym all those months ago, you fought for her when she couldn't stand up for herself. Who knows, if she had gone with him that day, he probably would have done what he did to Alexa and those other girls."

"He probably already raped her, if I had been smart and hadn't wanted to take her to the picnic benches, he wouldn't have taken her. He knows I make stupid decisions when it has to do with people I love. He likes to make me suffer for loving." The river of tears pooled up on the floor again.

Ella pulled me into a hug "It's not your fault Harry doesn't have a heart, I watched you when Alexa was here, you loved her and would do anything to make sure she was happy; and with y/n don't even get me started, the way you looked at her, and the way she talked about you from the first day you met, you guys were meant to be together. She will keep fighting to stay alive, Tom she loves you and she will do anything to see you again."

WC: 994