Part 15

Tom's POV

"Kid what are you doing?" Detective Smith said as he ran up behind me. Before I could answer a gunshot rang through the trees; birds flew up into the sky. I ran down the path Detective Smith at my side. We ran up a steep hill and saw the Chief standing over a body, putting his gun back in his holster. We ran the rest of the way up the hill. Harry lay on the ground, a bullet hole in his head, a knife was on the ground at his side.

I looked behind him and saw y/n standing holding on to a tree. Her clothes were torn, and dirt was on her face and legs. She looked much skinnier, I could see her sharp shoulder bones sticking out from where I stood ten feet away. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly.

"Tom," She said quietly in my ear.

The rest of the world faded away as I held her tightly. I could feel her ribs against my stomach, she was a fraction of who she was all those months ago, but she was still the y/n I know and love with all of my heart.

"You didn't give up on me." She said. "Harry told me you didn't care anymore."

"I would never give up on you," I said taking her face in my hands. I leaned in and kissed her, slowly and passionately. I had waited four months for this kiss, I would remember this moment for the rest of my life.

"I love you y/n" I said looking deeply in her beautiful eyes.

"I love you too."

I looked around at the woods, the color had returned my world was brighter than ever, the trees were practically glowing.

"I'm sorry kids but we have to get y/n to the hospital." Detective Smith said.

We started walking to back to the trail of fabric at the bottom of the hill I picked her up and carried her over the stream. When we got back to the clearing, all the volunteers started clapping. Two EMTs stood at by an ambulance holding a backboard. They loaded her in the ambulance and I turned to look at Detective Smith.

"Go ahead kid," he said pointing to the ambulance. "I'll meet you at the hospital."

I stepped into the ambulance and sat on the bench in the back.

"Tom I'm sorry." Y/n said.

"There is nothing for you to be sorry for, none of this was your fault," I said grabbing her hand.

-Time skip two hours-

Y/n's POV

The doctors had me hooked up to three different IVs, one for fluids, one for antibiotics, and one for nutrition. My arms looked like a science project gone wrong. The doctors said I was lucky they found me when they did, a few more days and I would have died from an infection from the water Harry gave me. I had cuts all over my legs from Harry practically dragging me through the underbrush the nurse had to stitch up.

"Hello y/n how are you feeling?" The head doctor on my case said.

"I'm okay, can I see Tom now?" I asked.

"I will go and see if he is in the waiting room." She said walking out the door.

Soon Tom practically ran to my bedside.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He said looking me up and down.

"Tom, I'm fine, stop worrying," I said grabbing his hand. "Tell me everything I missed," I added smiling.

"It's been four months you've missed a lot." He said with a laugh.

I leaned over and kissed him. With him I felt safe, with him I felt like I was home.

WC: 621