CH5: Pure Exposition

Y/N: So. This is a thing.

Hasuki: Yeaaah.

Y/N and Hasuki were sitting in the school library. Y/N, wanting to spend lunch as a couple, asked Hasuki to meet him in the library. But he discovered a problem:

There was absolutely nothing to talk about.

Y/N and Hasuki have been friends for years. So things like favorite food, music, as well as a few dislikes. Y/N knew them all. And half of the things he knew was due to his stalker-like behavior.

But Y/N had a contingency plan for something like this.

Y/N: Question. Since we practically know everything about each other, wanna go straight to fucking?

Hasuki: WHAT!

Hasuki then remembered she was in a library. But there was hardly anyone in there, it was mostly the quiet kids with no friends. Them being introverted and not knowing how to socialize, just glanced at Hasuki before returning to what they were doing.

Y/N: I'm joking! Unless...

Hasuki: No. Definitely no. Besides, I'm sure there are things we haven't told each other.

Y/N: Fine. Then how many siblings do I have?

Hasuki thought for a moment. She tried to go back into her memories to see if Y/N had mentioned something about his siblings. Thinking about it now, he rarely talked about his family.

Hasuki: Two?

Y/N: Eight. I'm second to last.

Hasuki: You don't talk about your family much. Something going on there?

Y/N: I wouldn't say that. It's just that I came to Dahlia to get away from them. Starting from the top there's Ichin, Nin, Sannin, Shin, Gon, Rokun, Nanan, me, and Ninen.

Hasuki: What's with everyone's name ending with 'n'.

Y/N just shrugged.

Y/N: My parents aren't really what you would call 'creative'. But they were strict as hell. As soon as I could walk I was taken to do tests and study. My siblings before me and Ninen were all extraordinary in one field. Guess that trait skipped me and him. 

Hasuki: Sorry I asked.

Y/N: If all goes well, then you would meet them at some point. 

Hasuki: I-I guess.

Y/N smirked slightly. He made it a habit to be able to analyze Hasuki's face and tone when there together. Due to this, he can practically tell what she's thinking. 

Y/N: You're embarrassed by me saying you could meet my family at some point? Cute.

Hasuki: No I'm not. Hasuki has no idea what you're talking about.

Y/N: Heh, suuuure. But anyway Ichin is currently MMA Heavyweight Champion of the world. Nin is a doctor, Sannin is a lawyer, Shin is in the military, but I forget his rank. Gon is an Archeologist, and Rokun and Nanan are CEOs of two very iconic companies.

Hasuki: What are they?

Y/N: You know Ramen King and Wingdys?

Ramen King and Wingdys were huge fast-food chains in Towa. For a second, Hasuki didn't believe Y/N for a second. But he had a look on his face that was quite...angry. Noticing his change in mood, Y/N went back to his usual nonchalant face.

Hasuki: It must get awkward during the holidays.

Y/N: Hardly, most of the time there never there. It's usually just me, Ninin, and my dad. Everyone always has shit to do. But you get used to it.

Hasuki knew Y/N had his own problems. She never expected all this. But seeing how well he handles it, it made her see Y/N in a light she never saw him in before.

Y/N: Looks like lunch is almost over. Sorry about me ranting about my good for nothing family. Let's head to class!!!

As Y/N got up, the chair he sat on broke. This resulted in him falling off it into a bookshelf. Due to how hard he hit it, the entire bookshelf fell over. This caused a chain reaction that caused the entire section of the library they were in to topple over.

Hasuki: Sigh.

Hasuki immediately took back what she thought before. Y/N shall forever be remembered as the smartest idiot she ever knew.

Y/N: Ow.