CH6: Evergrowing Love

It was close to the day of the Dahlia Sports Festival. Both sides were preparing in their own way. The male Black Dogs were motivated and were working hard due to their desire to be cheered on by the girls.

Hasuki: Give me ten more laps!

All: HELL YEAH! WERE GETTING THAT TOWEL FROM HASUKI!!!

Hasuki was glad Y/N wasn't here. She didn't know where he was specifically, but she knew he wouldn't be too far.

(Flashback)

Y/N and Hasuki were eating lunch with each other in the courtyard. Usually, they would eat in the library. But they decided against it. It would've been kinda awkward.

Y/N: The Sports Festival? Nah, I didn't plan on participating.

Hasuki: Well, why not. Your crazy strong Y/N! You'd totally win.

Y/N: That's waaay too much effort for me.

Hasuki had an idea.

Hasuki: So you're saying if it was worth it, you would try.

Y/N: If it was worth it, I would win.

Hasuki: Then, if you participate and win the Festival, then I'll give you a special prize.

This immediately got Y/N's attention.

Y/N: What kinda prize are we talking?

Hasuki: How about a kiss?

Y/N: Deal.

Later that day, Y/N packed some of his stuff up and left into the forest. He left a note, saying that he would be training in solitude.

(Flashback End)

Girl 1: What are you daydreaming about? Y/N?

(I looked it up, but I couldn't find their names. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Hasuki: What! N-No! How do you know about that!

Girl 2: It's kinda obvious. Though I thought you had a thing for Inudzuka?

Hasuki: I guess you could say I've moved on.

Girl 1: Since your already a thing, I guess you don't need the "MVP spell."

Hasuki: What?

Girl 2: You know how each year an 'MVP' is chosen from the winning team right? Well, whoever dances with them at the closing gala will 100% be a couple.

That's when another great idea came to Hasuki. Y/N has made it a habit to tease her recently. If she became the MVP and asked him to dance, then the look on his face would be priceless.

That was what she was thinking.

(Timeskip)

It was time to select those who were running for the 300 meters. Not many volunteered to participate.

Hasuki: Where is he?

Hasuki mumble to herself. Y/N didn't show up for any of the selections.

Rando: Anyone else wanna do the 300? No? Then let's get-

Suddenly a guitar was being played in the background.

(Think of Goblin Slayers theme)

Rando 2: Look!

Walking towards them was an H/C guy who looked quite banged up. His uniform was torn in many places. But the aura he gave off was intense. His E/C eyes burned with a fiery passion.

???: I'll try.

The guy lined up on the line. His hair blowing in the wind. As one of the Black Dogs counted down, his bare feet crushed the ground. Immediately, most people racing just walked away.

Rando: Go!

In the blink of an eye, the man was gone. He was already a down a quarter of the track. The rest of the competitors just gave up at that point. But the man didn't stop. He kept running in running. His shirt, that was already torn, flew in the wind. This revealed his finely toned muscles. As he neared the finish line...

He tripped.

Due to the speed, he was running, the man was basically spin dashing. Everyone ran, not wanting to be hit by him. The man stopped after crashing into a fence.

???: Ow.

Everyone ran over to the man. His hair, which covered most of his face, blew off his head. It was a wing. Now that they could see his face, it was clear that it was Y/N.

Y/N: Did I win?

Hasuki: Nobody else tried.

Y/N: Good.

Y/N got up. He dusted himself off as he walked over to a student with a guitar and amp.

Y/N: Keep the change.

He gave the guy 20 bucks, taking the backpack the guy had with him.

Hasuki: What's that?

Hasuki watched Y/N unzip the bag, taking out a fresh Black Dog uniform. She blushed and turned away as he took off his ruined shirt and put on a new one.

Y/N: I figured that if I looked like that most guys would back out. Didn't expect everyone to though.

Y/N had originally came back a few hours before the race. He took his uniform, cut it up a bit, gave himself a few bruises, and got an H/C wig and beard from the drama club, and put in some glowing contacts.

After hearing Y/Ns explanation. Hasuki didn't know whether or not she should be concerned or flattered by the fact Y/N was trying so hard.

Y/N: Now, I need to take a massive shit. Then an eight-hour nap. See ya!

Y/N made his way back to the Black Dog Dorm.

Hasuki: Wait!

Y/N: Hm?

Hasuki: The deal, we never decided what would happen if I won.

Y/N: Weird. I thought that the kiss would be...

Y/N pulled Hasuki into an embrace, holding her waist as he stared into her eyes.

Y/N: A win-win situation.

Hasuki officially gave up the idea of trying to get Y/N flustered. It wasn't that he was good at flirting, or was comfortable with himself. He just wanted to love Hasuki to a borderline unhealthy degree.

The one who tries hard only when it comes to herself. That's the person Y/N is. And while she thought that it's not a healthy way of thinking, she couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to see that side of him more and more.

Little by little, Hasuki was slowly becoming Y/Ns. Not that Y/N wasn't her, but his heart belonged to her from the very beginning.

The one-sided love was slowly evolving into something not as creepy.