Halloween Night 1981

It's been months since the order meeting and we've come to the cottage. Ever since then my eyes have been taken from me, my sight which I used to see the colours and the world with, was gone. Everyday was a struggle to live. Every day, I would have to try and find my way around due to the woman I should be calling mother, had beaten me blind on my first birthday, she said she didn't want me to have the luxury of sight.

My 'step' father would also join in the beatings of my life. Whilst they spoiled my 'half' brother, Harry, James tortures me to the point where everything I'm used too doesn't hurt as much, where the torture doesn't make me cry or even scream anymore, but the nightmares I would live with of these times.

The only ones that care for me is Remus and Sirius. However, they couldn't give me anything due to the 'Potters' would take it instantly, but their niceness to me was enough. The acknowledgment of me being alive was enough.

However recently, James Potter changed our secret keeper to Pettigrew, the Fat rat I like to call him due to his Animagus. I might be worthless, but I know something was off with him, but whoever listens to the worthless brat? No body.

As I was in the nursery I suddenly heard screaming. "Lily, it's him! Take Harry and go! It's Voldemort! Go I'll hold him off!" I heard James and I wished for my life to end. I know I'm only one and your thinking, why would you want to die, right? Well, from the start of being born, my mother never wanted me. Who would ever want to live in a world that you felt so alone, so empty whilst your life is filled with torture and agony each day? You just wouldn't.

Suddenly Lily ran in, I refused to call any of them my parents, because they weren't. They were nothing more than monsters.

"This is your fault you, worthless brat! You sent him here!" Lily shouted slapping me as always as she placed Harry in the crib.

"Harry, Harry you are so loved, so loved, Harry mamma loves you, Dadda loves you, be safe be strong.." Lily said and glared to me as I stood there when the door suddenly blasted open, with a bright light moving the barricade with just one hit.

But as I looked with no fear or any emotion, a man with red eyes, that was filled with coldness and murder, wearing a black cloak walked in with his wand in hand. I may not be able to see, but with my hearing, the descriptions I have heard from people, I knew very well enough.

"Stand aside you filthy little Mud Blood if you know whats good for you!" Voldemort threatened and I looked to him with an angered look, I knew who he was, he killed so many innocent people within this war, just because of how they were born, or what they were like people with no magic, half bloods, muggle borns or pure bloods. It wasn't their fault that they were born with no magic, or that they were born to people with no magic, or who their family falls in love with, especially what their beliefs were, Voldemort was just vile.

"Please! No! Not Harry! Please don't kill him!" Lily shouted and I rolled my eyes, she never remembers me. Actually, scratch that, she doesn't care about me enough to save myself as well.

"Stand aside, now!" Voldemort shouted losing his patience.

"No! Please, kill me! Not Harry! Not Harry! Have mercy!" Voldermort raised his wand and pointed it directly at Lily. "Avada Kadavra!" He shouted, and with a flash, Lily's life was no more, I couldn't say that I was sorry for her to go but would it be bad of me to say, she deserved that? After all, she did beat me.

As I felt him get closer. "Now which one of you is the old fools?" Voldemort hissed and I glared to him, and Voldemort saw this and knew instantly who she was. "Well, well, well, not afraid of me?"

"No. I pity you." I said to that one and Voldemort was taken a back at that saying.

Voldemort raised his wand to me. "Only I can live forever..." Voldemort hissed and with that..."Avada Kadavra!"

I felt the spell but as it did I wasn't dead, I felt something protecting me, making me feel safe as I then heard Voldemort scream and a sound of an explosion with broken glass as the roof went. I heard Harry crying and I looked towards him and I felt that he was hurt on his head. My hand went to the pain that throbbed, I hissed as I felt the cut and waved my hand, I would never show it.

Suddenly I heard foot steps and my ears twitched as I smelt the potion herbs. It must be Snape...the one that warned Dumbledore? What was he doing here? As I felt him hugging the body of Lily tightly. Then footsteps were heard and he went as the footsteps were loud and I knew it was Hagrid.

"Harry, your alive!" Hagrid said and then saw the girl. "And your sister as well. Come on, let's get out of here before unwelcome guests come." Hagrid informed picking me up and then my brother.

As we walked out I heard a motor bike. "Hagrid, their alive, I can take her for now!" Sirius heard and I reached out for him. He was my protector with Remus.

"I'm sorry Sirius, but I have orders from Dumbledore to take them straight to him." Hagrid said and Sirius frowned.

"Take my bike then, it'll get you there faster." Sirius said and looked to his self proclaimed goddaughter and saw her too pale and injured. "I'll come for you."

I fell asleep, too injured and weak to do anything else not realising that my torture will be worse.