~Old medicine book?~

X

Walking down the side walk, Mei held onto Yuzu's hand, tightly. She needed to visit the local book store and find a few books on whatever was happening to her sister. Meanwhile, Yuzu kept her mouth closed. She refused to allow anyone to see her teeth like this. Her cheeks were a slight shade of pink. She was embarrassed.

Mei stopped in front of the book store and turned to face her older sibling.

"Would you like to wait here or come inside with me?" Mei asked. Her voice was calm and collected as always. Yuzu pointed to her position, telling Mei that she would rather stay outside the local small store.

".." Mei nodded, turning on her heels, she made her way inside. The shop keep smiled, waving to Mei.

"Hello Mrs. Aihara; how are you today?" He asked, tenderly.

"I'm fine, thank you but maybe you can help me" she replied.

Nodding, he spoke up, leaning against the counter.

"What are you looking for?"

"I need a book on medicine; a book which has every illness, folklore illness, anything of the sort" she raked her fingers through her black hair, gently. He turned his back to her and looked on one of the many shelves behind him. The shop keep began to pile books on the counter.

Mei remained silent. She soon turned her attention towards the window. There was Yuzu. Staring her down like a puppy waiting for it's owner to return. Her lavender eyes, wide for a moment soon relaxed. A gentle gaze was given towards Yuzu through the window.

Blush. Blush.

"Yuzu.." She thought before the slamming of a meduim sized book hit the counter top which caused the nouisette to jump.

He chuckled. "Sorry bout that but I think I found what you're looking for."

Holding the book up to Mei, she took it gently into her hands. She looked at the front. It was old. Cover ripped a bit and the spine was held together by glue which was seeming to loose its hold.

"That book has been around for awhile; it's been holding up tho" he cheesed. Mei nodded, handing him 1000 yen from her pocket. She left after saying her thanks.

Yuzu needed her more then anything.

For once.

Mei wasn't being selfish or cold.

She was expressing her genuine feelings for sister.

X