Lancer X Depressed!Reader "Can I Be Enough?"

Ho Ho Ho Ho! The clowns are back in town! Lancer was very excited to show off his next act of scariness to the purple girl and her friends that accompanied her. He was determined to knock their socks off! Metaphorically speaking anyway.

He had prepared his speech perfectly, had a Darkner in the distance to make a lightning effect when his evil laugh cued them, and even brought a bucket to enunciate his scariness! But, he changed a sentence in the last part of his speech. It needed to use the word "blood" more. Yeah, he was going to pound them into blood!

But upon their arrival, seeing the faces of four different personalities, he couldn't really thrash them. Especially not with them looking on with such empty, broken eyes. No, it wasn't the blue boy with those eyes, it was them. The Lightner that just wanted to go home. The one that never spoke. The only reason that Lancer knew their name was because Ralsei had called out to them to cheer up. Their name was (Y/N).

If we're being honest here, Kris is very good at dodging, but Lancer has hit almost everyone on the Clown Town team at least once. Yet, he never hit (Y/N). No, not even once. They dodged way too quickly, but refused to do much else. They we're more focused on keeping to themselves, as if they were afraid to get too close. He had seen the tears in their eyes once as well. Large, clear tears that dripped off of their cheeks when no one was looking. Lancer could tell that this sadness didn't suit them. They we're just one of the people you didn't want to see sad or upset over anything at all and when you did, you felt compelled to comfort them. So he started to formulate a plan that he was sure wouldn't fail. He would cheer up this Lightner if it was the last thing he did!

"Weren't you running away?" Ralsei asked him once this was all over. Lancer looked like he was pulled  from a trance, but hummed in response before wearing a wide grin.

"Yeah. I'm done now." He stated, getting an oddly amused look from Ralsei. Kris just looked like he didn't care. Susie? She was eating this weird berry that looked pretty good. (Y/N) was behind them, looking at their hands. For a second, Lancer Thought he saw a heart-shaped locket in their hand, but then it was gone as (Y/N) looked up at him. Lancer turned his gaze away and waited til they all walked passed him to slide a Lancer-labeled paper into Y/N's back pocket, folded neatly  They didn't seem to notice, which was good. He then sighed in relief and went off to grab more guys that his dad made listen to him.

The crew had made it to the end of the great board before (Y/N) was aware of that paper. They looked at the crew, who only gave them odd looks and urged them to open it, and their once grieved look turned into one of curiosity. What they read was astonishing, if a little childishly written and composed.

"Hey clown! I've noticed you've been down, and haven't made a sound!

You probably think I don't want you around, which is an idea I've drowned, and I now know you to astound!

You're much more to me than they all can see, and I can tell that you want to be free.

But before you do, know this to be true, someone really cares about you!

I know I'll never be buff, I'm not so tough, but please ..

Can I be enough?"

(Y/N)'s eyes started to water as they looked at it with confusion, not understanding why someone so charismatic and peppy could ever care about them, an insignificant lowlife that didn't matter at all. Susie ground her teeth and balled up her fists at the sight of that letter, but didn't say anything. Ralsei clapped his paws and squealed at the sight. Kris even gave a thumbs up.

"I ship it! Miracle Pairing!" Ralsei beamed, looking rather happy. (Y/N) held onto a sliver of hope that this wasn't just a scam, and for the first time in a long time, they were happy. To know that they were cared for seemed to drown out all the negativity. They smiled for the first time around the others, letting themselves be dragged along. He tugged (Y/N) along as the gang proceeded after (Y/N) left a letter of their own to where Lancer could find it.

"You were always more than enough."

~~~~
787 words! I hope you guys like this! I feel like it was a little rushed, and I may go back and rewrite it later, so beware!

Thank you guys so much for the over 100 reads! It means a lot to me! :33
Have any requests? Go ahead and send them to me! Don't be shy! Deltarune or Undertale!

Have wonderful dreams wherever you are! I, love you!