Chapter 5

"She's malnourished, way under weight, and I doubt she's been able to shift in that condition." My ears rang with the sound of that dead, lifeless, voice. 

"Is she going to be okay though?" Brennon sounded so worried, getting a mumbled reply, "What could of cause this?"

"Why don't you just ask her?" The lifeless voice spoke and I slowly opened my eyes to meet a pair of worried green ones. "Hello Miss Vennett, glad to see you're awake." I gazed slowly over to the same white-haired boy from the diner. He was still wearing a white t-shirt with a small coffee stain on it and a black apron. 

"Hello." I squeaked, feeling my throat exceptionally dry. Brennon quickly handed me a glass of water and as I slowly brought it to my mouth to take a sip I saw a terrifying pair of blue eyes glaring at me from the corner of the room. 

I almost choked, but managed to control myself enough to take a shaky gulp. 

"You scared me there ya-know." Brennon collapsed onto the floor next to me, making me realize I'm on a couch in a rather nice living room.

"Where am I?" I look around, trying my best to ignore the blue eyed boy. 

"At my pack house." Brennon answered,  "And don't worry we already contacted your alpha to tell him you're here." 

"No," I whispered, he shouldn't have done that. The alpha is going to be pissed that the beta of River Side called him talking about me, especially that I'm on the River Side territory. "W-what time is it?" I felt my hand grip the fleece blanket, trembling. 

"Just 4 o'clock, why?" Brennon looked down at his phone then back at me.

No.

No.

No.

This can't be happening. 

I shot out from the couch, almost collapsing from the sudden change in elevation. "I have to go back home." Brennon wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep my still. "I'm late." I tried to struggle from his hold on me, the alpha long forgotten but I now saw the luna standing next to him and watching me with her wide baby-blue eyes.

I guess the rumors were true. 

She's gorgeous. 

Long angelic blonde hair that reached down to her waist, fair skin that hand not a single blemish on it, a model-like body paired with her exceptional height, and full pink lips with her button nose. She looked so elegant and beautiful. 

A perfect match to the alpha. 

"Mable calm down!" Brennon managed to sit me back on the couch, "Just rest, you aren't in any condition leave." He held me down by my shoulders, and my nerves were going crazy. I started to hyperventilate, trying anything to feel relatively calm and in control of my situation to no avail.

"Beta, I think you should give her some space." The white haired boy pulled at Brennon just slightly, enough to give me some breathing room. He proceeded to kneel by me, resting his arm on his knee while looking at me with those lifeless eyes. "Actually I was wondering if I can be alone with her, just to talk about her health and such." 

Brennon looked at me for approval and all I could do was stare at the floor and focus on breathing. Soon enough he left with my mate and the luna. 

"Mable, do you know what I am?" He asked, looking at him closely he had a more lean build than most of the other werewolves I've seen, and his skin is so much paler especially with his white locks.