Chapter 6

"Just pack up while I talk to the alpha." Brennon dropped me off at my shack I call home. We spent quite some time just standing in front of it since Brennon seemed like he couldn't get over the fact that I've lived here all my life. 

It was small and ugly. 

Like me. 

I nodded at him and found that my door was unlocked. 

Shoot.

I opened it cautiously, seeing a glimpse of my kitchen completely destroyed before I was suddenly tackled to the cold hard ground. 

The impacted knocked all the air out of me but I didn't have anytime to recover before I was yanked up by my hair so I was sitting on my butt, being dragged into the forest. I didn't have the strength in me to scream or struggle so I just sat there like a ragdoll. 

It was the three from the diner. 

"Don't have that beta to protect your worthless-ass anymore." The one with the black eye grunted, watching me with a malicious glare as the one with a bunch of gauze wrapped around his head and swollen mouth dragged me across the forest floor. I held onto my hair as he dragged me, just to try and ease my pain just a little. 

But I was thrown into a tree, and I let out a silent scream. I could already taste the metallic of my blood. My back was aching and burning while I struggled to stand on my feet. I definitely broke several of my ribs considering how my body creaked and cracked as I moved. I started coughing up my blood, my vision already getting blurry as the other one with a cast on his arm swung at me with his good one. 

A loud crack noise echoed in the empty forest as his fist connected with the side of my face. I managed to grit my teeth so that they wouldn't break but my mouth filled with my blood upon impact. 

I knew somewhere my mate was nearby, he insisted on going to the alpha to speak to him while Brennon dropped me off at home. The two leaders reluctantly, well at least one of them was reluctant, agreed to let me move in. Turns out Clint is third in command as the gamma, and is quite influential in the pack.

I didn't have time to react  when black-eyed upper-cutted my stomach, definitely breaking more ribs. I coughed up more blood, clutching my throbbing stomach and collapsing onto the ground. 

"Such a fucking weakling." Bandaged scoffed, coming over to my hunched over form and sending a kick to my already tender stomach. My eyesight was already faltering, everything was going in and out of clear. But something inside me told me to try to keep conscious. 

I struggled to crawl away, clawing at the ground to attempt to escape my asulters. But Black-eyed came forward and crushed my hand, loud cracking sounds followed with my gargled screams of pain. My body felt like it was on fire, and my lungs felt like they were filling with blood and not working properly at all.

"What makes you do special." Broken-armed stepping on my back, pinning my delicate body to the ground while yanking my head back by my hair. "You are nothing." He growled into my ear. 

I can't move.

I can't breathe. 

No one is coming for me.

I'm going to die. 

Clint was wrong.

I have no purpose.