Chapter 10

"Are you okay?" I ask Clint as he let me down lightly on my feet. 

"Just peachy," he grunted, pulling at his collar to see how stretched out it was. "Goddamn tempers ruining another shirt." He mumbled a few more words to himself and slipped his jacket on to hide the awkward stretched out shirt. 

"Sorry." I mumbled, playing with my fingers as Clint shifted around so he could grab my hand again. 

"I don't blame you for that asshole." Clint was blunt, leading me towards more stores as he held a tight but comforting grip on me. "I figured since you both were so fresh in the rejection phase that I'd push him a little more."

"Why?" 

"Because that guy needs a wake up call." Clint pulled me into a store that was blasting music while big bright screens showed skinny models walking down a catwalk in underwear. Clint seemed unaffected by the atmosphere of the highly sexualized store and even the lust-filled looks he got from passing females and even males. 

With all these people looking at him I started taking in his features. He didn't have too harsh of a jawline, but very high cheekbones, giving him a sort of soft but masculine look. His bright yellow eyes had a specks of gold and tan making them actually sort of dull but mesmerizing. But I guess it was his height that screamed masculinity that I guess the girls like, but he was also on the lean but not skinny side that kinda gave him a sort of femininity.

Overall he is a very beautiful man.

"I can feel you staring at me," Clint was looking at some of the bras laid around, "Something on your mind?" He still kept a hand on mine, while I stood slightly behind him, just observing. 

As soon as he said that I shot my eyes to the ground, feeling my face heat up.

He made a weird scoff sound, more like he was more amused than condescending.

"Thank you." I mumble, just thanking him for everything he's done for me since the moment I've met him. He seemed to understand the meaning behind my words because he didn't question me. "But you didn't have to fight Axel like that." 

"Technically it was him trying to fight me." Clint pushed me gently towards a clerk who has armfuls of undergarments. "I'll be right here so just find me when you are done." He sent me a relieving glance before pulling out his phone, looking like he was now rooted in the ground.  

After an embarrassing change after change I picked out a few pairs of undergarments and Clint payed for each one. 

"H-how much do I owe you?" I questioned with shy eyes, looking up at him as he continued to stare at his phone with his other hand  holding mine. I've already gotten comfortable with the fact that he's holding my hand, but I'm still not comfortable with the stares we've been getting. 

"Nothing," Clint looked over at me with a charming smile that quickly went away when he looked behind me. "Beta, what can I do for you?" 

I turned slightly to see an out of breath Brennon, like he ran from the pack house to here. 

"I," Brennon gasped, trying to catch his breath, "I had some free time," He gasped, "And wanted to see if Mable needed some help." His eyes slowly drifted to Clint and mine's conjoined hands. "Have you two met before?" 

I wiggled my hand from Clint's loosening hold, even more conscious than usual about our intimate contact. "N-no." I answered Brennon with a meek voice. "He was just helping me."