The Letter

A few days have passed since you took the entrance exam. Your best friend, (friend's name: f/n), texted you earlier today that she received a letter from UA that mentioned whether she was enrolled in UA or didn't make it. You and your friend decide to wait until you both get the letter to inform each other of the good or bad news. Turning off your phone, you hear a knock at the door and rush to open, hoping to greet the mail carrier and read about how you're enrolled into UA, and have a big celebration party. Instead, you opened the door to see (f/n) and her classic "always happy" expression on her face. Your smile fell a little, but you were still glad to see your bestie.

     "Hey (f/n)," you utter, "How's it going"

     Your friend's smile somehow stretches even farther across her face as she exclaims, "Great! Say, do you wanna go get some ice cream? I- ...I am just SUPER excited to hear that you're going to UA!"

     "But I didn't get my letter yet. I don't even know if I'm enrolled or not."

     "Well, they'd be dumb to not enroll you - you probably aced the exam! Come on, let's go let's go let's goooooo!!" she squeals, ecstatic as always. You put on your favorite casual outfit and grab your purse, which holds your phone and some money. When you're ready, you and your best friend set out for Hana's Fro-Yo Garden. You and your friend chat the whole way there, mostly about the entrance exam. You tell her about the boy you met, and she fills you in on the green-haired boy, Midorya, and the girl he saved, Ochaco. Apparently your friend met Ochaco at a battle center, and the two became quick friends. Your friend mentioned that she didn't see Midorya destroy any robots, but when you told her about your "rescue points" theory, she said that he probably got a lot of points. When you asked why, she said that Midorya saved Ochaco from the 0-point robot, and you told her about the boy that saved you from the 0-pointer. You also mentioned that you saved him first, but that you were still very grateful, since the two of you helped out a few kids caught in rubble, surrounded by robots, etc. afterwards.

     By the time you had finished chatting about the practical, you had arrived at Hana's Fro-Yo Garden. You walk into the floral scented building to gaze upon beautiful, hand-drawn flowers on the walls. The fro-yo station has flower-themed flavors, like "lavender", "orange blossom", and "honeysuckle". The containers look like little flower pots. Your BFF can't stop screaming about how cute this place is. You and (f/n) take your "flowers" to the outside dining area and sit at an empty table. You picked red rose and lavender-flavored fro-yo and your friend chose nasturtium.

     As you converse with your friend, you see a certain someone walking by and wave to him. He starts to saunter over while you inform your friend that he's the boy you saved and who saved you afterwards.

     "Hey," you shout excitedly. "I remember you! You were that guy who saved me from the 0-point robot! It's so nice to see you again."

     "Surely, the pleasure is mine," he remarks. "If you hadn't rescued me, I might never have collected enough points to pass the practical exam."

     "You passed? So you're enrolled in UA?!" He nods his head and you continue. "That's so awesome! I haven't gotten my letter yet, but it would be so cool if we were in the same class, right?"

     "Yes, that would be pleasant. By the way, they did assign us rescue points based on our performance. Again, I must applaud your clever deduction."

     "Thank you- oh! I don't think I ever got your name."

     "I am Fumikage Tokoyami. And you are..."

     "(your name: y/n). (your full name: y/f/n)."

     "That's a lovely name. And your friend, what's her name?"

     Your bestie, who's very patient and doesn't mind waiting her turn to talk, replies, "(f/n). It's nice to meet you, Fumikage! You wanna know what I think would be super awesome?!"

     "Of course," he says. "What would be 'super awesome'?"

     "If we were all in the same class! How awesome would that be?!?!"

     "Super awesome," you chime in. As you chat with Fumikage and (f/n), you hear your phone vibrate in your purse. You check to see if someone's calling you, but it's just a text message. Darn it, you mutter to yourself. I forgot to tell mom that I'm out with (f/n). I better text her back. ...She says there's a letter addressed to me? Oh my gosh, it's here! I gotta read it, like, NOW!!

     You look up from your phone and tell Fumikage and (f/n) that you have to go home. The three of you leave the fro-yo shop, and you rush home to see your letter. You're running through the short cut you took to get home quicker when you feel someone tug on your purse.

     "Gimme the bag," the man says as he tugs harder. You try to absorb his power with your quirk, but for some reason, you can't. Confused, you shove the man away and he takes a few steps back before approaching you once more. Now you're sprinting to get away from this creep, but he's so fast that he can keep up with you. He's starting to gain on you as you try to come up with a plan to get rid of him. Suddenly, you hear a loud grunt and a thud. You turn around to see the man laying on the ground, muttering something about "kids these days" and "their stupid powers." That's when it hits you - he's quirkless! Your quirk works on machines, animals, and humans with a quirk. It's a good thing that someone else noticed the man chasing you and stopped him. You turn to thank your savior, but you only see a black, shadow-like creature - Fumikage's quirk. Wait a second...

     "Fumikage?!"

     "Nuh-uh," it remarked, "I'm Dark Shadow! I saved you, not birdbrain over there! I did! I did!!"

     "That's enough," a familiar voice cut in. Fumikage pulled Dark Shadow back inside of him and hurried over to you, clearly concerned yet not showing it much in his expression. "(y/n), are you alright?"

     You smile as you reply, "Yes, I'm fine. I don't know what I would've done without your help, Fumikage."

     He blushed a little at your words. "W-well, I couldn't allow that man to take your property. He had to be dealt with. It wasn't much, really. And please forgive Dark Shadow for his possibly offensive speech; he always gets a bit irascible at this time of day."

     "It's fine, don't worry about it."

     "W-would..." he stuttered, trying to tell you something but too nervous to actually say anything.

     "What is it?"

     "Would-d... Would you like me to... accompany you? In case you run into another villain?"

     Usually, you wouldn't want an escort to your own house, but seeing as you've already run into a villain, you decided it would be better to accept his offer. "Yes, I would," you say with a polite smile.

     Fumikage's eyes widen slightly in surprise; he was almost certain you would say no. Enthusiastically, he follows you to your house, as he said he would. The two of you decide to make small talk, but you're really enjoying your conversation. You're almost a little disappointed when you finally get home.

     "Thank you, Fumikage, for everything. I-" Your mother interrupts you. She shouts from the living room to tell you to come read the letter, which had arrived when you were eating fro-yo with (f/n).

     "OKAY MOM, BE THERE IN JUST A MOMENT!!" you shout back.

     "Well," Fumikage says, "I'll take my leave. I had a pleasurable time with you today. I hope our paths will cross again soon."

     "Me too," you say. "Good-bye, Fumikage. Have a good night!"

     "You as well," he says as he walks away.

     You enter the living room to see your parents, both teary-eyed and trembling with glee. "What's going on?" you query.

     "(y/n)," they utter, barely able to speak. "You're going to UA!"