A Shocking Discovery

I saw sundaythefirecat's comment, and decided to write Shigaraki into the story as (y/n)'s brother. I hope you all enjoy this next chapter!

     You awaken quite early to find your boyfriend in your arms, just as he was last night. A yawn escapes your mouth as you look over at Fumikage, who's still fast asleep. You stroke his feathered head and snuggle into him. Ready to doze off again, you close your eyes and grin, feeling warm and elated. You're slowly drifting to sleep when you hear something hit your bedroom window.

     Every weekend, when you sleep in later than usual, you rise to this sound. You'd rush over to your window only to find a few small rocks on the ground outside. Your parents said they would look into it, but that you should ignore it for now. However, you always feel drawn to the noise, as if there's something important you should discover. Today is a Saturday just like any other: you wake up, get out of bed, and look out your window. This time, however, there wasn't just a pile of rocks outside - you came eye to eye with the individual who was doing it!

     He stood there a moment, frozen in place. You had never seen each other before, but it felt as though you had known each other your entire life. Suddenly, he bolted away down the street, and an urge to run after him took control over you. You grabbed your phone, slipped on a pair of shoes lying around in your room, and jumped out your window. Whoever you were chasing was fast, but you were faster. Almost five minutes of running at full speed later, you caught up to him and grabbed his arm. Nearly tripping over himself, the individual came to a halt and spun around, now facing you.

     "Tell me something," you utter, breathing heavily, "Why do you wake me up every Saturday and Sunday at 8 in the morning? And how come you always run away before I get to you?!" The individual sighs, drawing a long breath and pondering what to say.

     Finally, he responds, "I just- ...I've been meaning to tell you something ever since I..."

     "Ever since you...? What is it?!" You're quite anxious to find out why, since high school began, you've never gotten to sleep in much on the weekends.

     "Since I found out who you are." A chill runs down your spine as he speaks. How does he know about me, you wonder. That's, like, super creepy!

     "W-what... do you know??"

     "That you're my sister. Half-sister, to be precise. You see, something terrible - tragic, really - happened to me when I was little. Everyone walking by just ignored me, certain that a hero would come and save me. They just walked right by... But my master didn't. He saved me, not some stupid hero. And, sister..." He takes a step towards you, offering his hand with his thumb tucked into his palm. "You can come with me. With my master. We can fix this broken world together. Wouldn't that be nice, (y/n)? If we could be together? If we could be there for each other? What do you say... sister?"

     You take a moment to think about what he means. Does he want you to run away and stay with him and his master? Or maybe he just wants you to do something for him... You're deep in thought when he suddenly jerks his arm down, swiftly bringing it back to his side. He seems impatient and anxiously waits for your response. "Well? Do you want to come with me, (y/n)?"

     "No. I'm sorry, but... I can't go with you. I want to live with my parents, and my boyfriend, and my BFF, so... no, I just can't. But if you want," you say as you hold out your own hand, "You can come live with me and my family."

     "As nice as that sounds, I'd rather stay with my master. Thanks anyway." He turns to walk away when you have an idea.

     "Maybe we can hang out some time," you begin, "Since we're siblings and all. I'd like to get to know you better... brother."

     He stops and faces you again, saying, "That sounds great. Could I go to your house sometime? How about today?"

     "Of course. Just let me talk to my parents real quick, see if they're okay with a guest visiting." You walk to the entrance of the alley you were in to phone your parents concerning your half-brother. However, someone else calls you first. You answer him and attempt to speak, but he begins before you can even utter a sound.

     "(y/n)?" Fumikage says, sounding quite upset.  "Where have you gone to, (y/n)? Are you alright? Please respond!"

     "Calm down, Fumi," you soothe, "I'm fine. Sorry I left without saying anything. It's just..." You lower your voice as you continue, "I just found out... that I have a brother. I'm not even kidding! At least, he says he's my brother, but why would someone lie about being related to me?"

     After collecting himself, Fumikage replies, "I agree; it seems rather unlikely that someone would lie about this. To verify this, perhaps you could query him and see if he's truly your brother?"

     "Good idea," you remark. "I'll call you back soon, then." You end the call and head back into the alley. Your half-brother is pacing back and forth, angrily mumbling to himself when you arrive. "I didn't call my parents quite yet. I just wanted to ask you some questions first. If you're my half-brother," you say to him, "Then who is mother or father to both of us?"

     He seems somewhat puzzled by your query, but replies, "(m/n), of course. We have the same mother. Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"

     You continue, "How did you find out about me?" Your brother sighs upon hearing this, and hesitates before responding.

     "...I know I shouldn't tell you about this, but... I saw you walking home one day, and I felt the urge to follow you. When you went to your room, I threw rocks at your window to get your attention. But when you nearly saw me, I ran away, too nervous to meet you. Soon after, a news crew swarmed UA High, and I was able to infiltrate the school. Unfortunately, the plan I made using the info I gathered failed." Because of me, you think. Then it hits you: your half-brother is a villain. Your heart beats faster as he continues, "When I was getting information,  I noticed a file - your file. A sudden curiosity came over me, and that's when I learned about you. That's how I discovered the truth, sister. And by the way, I changed my mind - I'll go now. You can't tell anyone else about this, understand?"

     "...Why not?"

     "I can see the change in your eyes... You don't trust me anymore, do you? I trusted you, sister. And I guess I was wrong to do that. I can't have these secrets spilled, now can I?..." He slowly raises a hand to your head. You notice that he's cringing as he brings his hand closer to your face. You take a step back, but he just steps forward. Every time you try to walk away, he follows you. He knows where I live, you think, so there's really no escape...

     You've been standing still for a moment, but your brother can't seem to bring himself to hurt you. You close your eyes for a second, pondering about what will transpire. Suddenly, he lunges forward, nearly grasping your face. The next thing you know, your half-brother is on the ground and you're in Fumikage's arms, safe at last.

     "F-Fumi!" you shriek. "How d-did you know... where I was?!"

     "Your slippers," he says, pointing at a trail of shoeprints on the ground. "You likely stepped into a puddle of water when you left. Your slippers carried the water, leaving a trail of prints from outside your open bedroom window to this location. I followed your shoeprints with great haste, and I arrived just before you were injured, it would appear. (y/n)... Why would you leave me without so much as a 'farewell'? I was mortified, (y/n). You could have been hurt, or potentially worse..." Tears well up in his eyes as he holds you closer. You glance over at your brother, who has gotten up and begun to run away.

     Fumikage sees this as well, but pays no mind to him. Peering into your eyes, Fumikage asks, "Who was that individual, (y/n)? Was he the one who claimed to be your brother?"

     "No... He's just a villain, I guess. Well, let's go home and enjoy the weekend together." You can still see your half-brother in the distance. Good-bye, brother...