First Date

Okay, back to the story! Just a reminder, this is immediately following the events of the chapter, "A Shocking Discovery".  Enjoy!

     "So," you begin as you and Fumikage walk back to your home, "What should we do now? We've got the whole weekend to ourselves."

     "That is true," he responds, tenderly holding your hand. "But I'm uncertain of what to do next, as well."

     The two of you are contemplating your options when you get a text from your BFF.

(f/n): Hiya (y/n) 

(You): Good morning (f/n), what's up?

(f/n): The sky :)

(You): Lol okay, but really what's up?

(f/n): Me and (friend's crush: f/c) are going on a date, to that café that just opened!!

(You): Cool (smiley face w/ sunglasses)

(f/n): Ikr?! I can't wait, it's gonna be awesome!!!!!

     Suddenly, an idea pops into your head. Thanks to your friend's texts, you know exactly what you and Fumikage should do today. You quickly wrap up your conversation with (f/n):

(You): Gtg, ttyl

(f/n): K byeeee

     "Hey, Fumikage?" you say eagerly. He turns to face you as you continue, "Do you think that maybe you'd like to... Go out with me? Like, on a date?"

     His eyes sparkle with joy as he remarks, "With great pleasure, (y/n)! I was beginning to ponder if you'd ever ask."

     "So, what should we do? Maybe go to an arcade, or the beach, or a restaurant?"

     He thinks for a moment before replying, "I've heard that there is a sequel of that movie you were rather fond of. Shall we view it in a theater, perhaps?"

     "Ooh, that sounds great," you beam. Fumikage blushes upon seeing your rapturous smile.

     A few minutes later, you arrive at your house. Your parents haven't woken up yet, so you and Fumikage try to be quiet and let them sleep. You look at your phone and see that it's 8:47 a.m. You then search online for movie tickets to see the sequel of your favorite film.

     "If we go here," you inform Fumikage, "Then it's only $18 for both of us. The movie starts playing at 10, so we've got about an hour until then. And it'll take roughly 15 minutes to walk there from my place."

     "Then I shall return to my home and prepare for our date. I'll come back to accompany you to the movie at 9:30. How does that sound?"

     "Perfect. Well, I'll see you then. Good-bye, Fumi." You give him a kiss on the cheek before he leaves. 

     Enthusiastically, you start to get ready for your very first date with Fumikage. You put together a cute and casual outfit, do your hair, eat some breakfast, brush your teeth, and so forth. Time flies, and before you know it, you hear a knock at the door.

     "Hello Fu-" You begin to greet Fumikage when you realize he's not there. Someone else had arrived at your home: your half-brother. "What are you  doing here?!" you shriek.

     "Oh, (y/n), you still know too much about me. But... Even if you want to turn me in, I just want to be your brother. That's all I want, (y/n). So listen closely, there's something you need to hear."