Night Fury

Hiccup
I don't know how I did it, I really don't.
Somehow, I managed to convince the stubborn Vikings to ride dragons back to Berk. Telling them that it was the only way to get back probably helped, as did the example of Hookfang, who just tossed Snotlout onto his back and took off. Barf and Belch had called dibs on the twins - 'Perfect, one for each head!' - Meatlug had picked Fishlegs, and Astrid had agreed to ride Stormfly after several minutes of me desperately pleading for her to do so.

All five looked either uncomfortable or terrified, with the exception of the twins. They and the Zippleback had discovered a shared love of destruction, and were now merrily exploding sea stacks. I winced with every explosion and wondered why I'd suggested this in the first place. Toothless was not happy about returning to Berk, but we had to get the others back somehow. I wasn't risking leaving armed Vikings alone with mischievous dragons. Besides, no one would recognise me. Right? "This was a terrible idea." Toothless grumbled, and I was beginning to agree with him. We could only hope that the Berkians wouldn't shoot first and ask questions later.

Why did I do this, you ask? Because I am, as my friends sometimes call me, a bleeding heart. Their boat got blown up, and I couldn't just leave them to die on Outcast Island. They were my friends once (well, not precisely friends, but you know what I mean).

This was one battle that I was prepared to fight.

Astrid
I don't know why I agreed, I really don't. From my position perched on the back of a FREAKING DEADLY NADDER, I would be a sitting duck if the dragons wanted to flame me, eat me or just drop me into the sea far below. The only advantage to riding a dragon was that I could see all around for miles. It would have been awesome if I wasn't so busy thinking of ways not to die if I was dropped.

Most of the dragons we had freed left, supposedly to return to the Dragon Master's island. He himself had stayed with us, either to keep the dragons under control or to rein in the twins.
And right on cue, another sea stack falls prey to Loki's favourite Vikings.

"Why did you let them on a Zippleback?" I yelled over the wind. The Dragon Master shrugged. "Barf and Belch w-wanted them. Two heads, two insane Vikings. I'm r-regretting it already." I snorted. It seemed that the almighty conqueror of all dragonkind was not completely infallible.

His dragon - Toothless - still puzzled me. He didn't look like any I'd seen before, and his appearance didn't match any description in the Book of Dragons. The others I could identify; the one that had grabbed Snotlout was a Monstrous Nightmare, Fishlegs' was a Gronckle, the twins were on a Zippleback as previously stated and mine was a Nadder. What had the Dragon Master called her? Oh yeah, Stormfly. She had the same markings as the Nadder from Dragon Training.

A terrible suspicion seized me. I studied the dragon under me, running my hand over her blue and yellow scales. Still slightly worried she was going to bite my hand off.
There was a long-healed slash across her side. Identical to the one the other dragon had, inflicted when Snotlout had thrown a poorly aimed mace at her. Could it be the same?
Now that I was thinking about it, the other dragons looked almost the same as the Dragon Training captives. If you took away six years, they could have been the very ones used to teach us to fight. But those dragons were long gone, their cages blasted in a raid by a...
Toothless's onyx scales matched the one on the hilt of my axe. The one taken from the dragon that killed the boy I loved.

A Night Fury.

A/N: 10 points to Astrid, she finally figured it out. To be honest, I have no idea what should happen next, so the chapter ends here. I'm sorry about the short chapters, but I have severe writer's block. IT NEEDS TO DIE RIGHT NOW, so that I can give my wonderful readers the longer, better-written chapters they deserve. If you know how to get rid of writer's block, tell meh please! I am at my wits' end. Anyway, enough ranting. Goodbye, Toothlets, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Edit from future Isarn09:
It's fine ok!