Brightclaw

Stoick
"It'll take us weeks to get there!" Spitelout protested. "They can't hold out for that long!"
"You underestimate them." I responded. "They have Thor knows how many dragons, and probably crazy new weapons if I know my son." The blustery Viking rolled his eyes. "Ye're blind, Chief. There's no way of knowing if Hiccup really wrote that. It's probably a trap."

Spitelout seemed hell-bent on destroying any hopes I may have had. But even if the message wasn't from Hiccup, the teens were still in danger. "We've been over this. Whatever these 'Dragon Hunters' are, they're clearly a threat. Besides, your son's in danger too." Spitelout made a dismissive gesture. "My boy can fend for himself. He doesn't ask us to go on a wild goose chase to rescue him from a few attackers."

"Hundreds of ships, Spitelout." I sighed. "Hiccup always exaggerates!" he exclaimed defensively. "Remember the 'Night Fury' he supposedly shot down?" I did remember that day, quite clearly in fact. Hiccup had taken one of his experimental weapons up to the cliff during a raid. A Nightmare had attacked and chased him through the village, ending in mild burns and the destruction of a torch. The top had rolled through the village and ended up smashing Bucket's house.

A sudden, chilling thought struck me. He'd said the fallen beast had landed off Raven Point. The same place as the cove where we'd found Night Fury scales and blood.

My thoughts were abruptly shattered when a purple Nadder appeared from the fog bank running parallel to us. Old habits die hard, and I know I wasn't the only one reaching for a weapon. Two ships already had catapults armed and trained on the dragon. "Stand down!" I yelled, spotting the paper grasped in its claws. It dropped the scroll onto the deck, landing on the figurehead of the ship. The message was only a few sentences.

This is Brightclaw. She'll be your guide.
Gobber snorted. "The lad could'a just told us where ta go." I knew what he meant. Having a dragon onboard wasn't exactly conducive to good humour.
Turning the paper over, I saw another part that made me laugh out loud.

She's prideful, headstrong and slightly annoying. Just like Spitelout. They should get along like a hut on fire.

Brightclaw
I don't know why Dragon Friend Hiccup sent me here of all places. The humans don't seem to be that aggressive, but I don't like their attitude. The Viking Alpha is just laughing, and the black-furred male looks like he's about to turn tail and run.

"So tha' dragon is s'posed to know where ta go?" the Viking that smells of smoke and metal asked. I puffed up, the very picture of offended dignity. "Are you implying that I'm mentally impaired?" I sniffed, forgetting that humans don't speak Dragonese. All of the long-shield-boat - Alpha Toothless says they're called ships - crew backed up to the other end, acting like I'd just roared at them. Puny humans.

Anyway, I'm supposed to take them to the Edge. Since they can't understand me, sign language is worth a try. I gestured exaggeratedly to the ship, then to the fog bank, pointing straight ahead. They just stared at me with confusion written all over their faces. And they think I'm stupid?

"I think it wants us to sail that way." the one referred to as 'Spitelout' suggested. I liked that human. He seemed to understand me better than the others. The Viking Alpha sighed. "Hard to port!"

A/N: I'm sorry, this chapter is really short.

Edit from future me:
The A/N's really short too.