Chapter 1

~•~

A boy with black messy hair was sleeping. He laid his head on the corner of the wall. As he slept, group of girls holding smartphones crowded around him. They were taking pictures of Hayate sleeping.

They were trying hard not to squeal since they don't want to wake the sleeping boy. As they took pictures, their faces were red.

Most of the boys inside the classroom stared at Hayate with envy. They were jealous because of his popularity and looks.

"Damn you, Kazumi! Someday, I'll be popular too!" One boy whispered, gripping his hand as he bit his lips.

"Kyaaa~! Hayate-kun is so cute~!" One girl accidentally squealed. She couldn't take his cuteness anymore. After she squealed, she quickly covered her mouth with her hand. The girls around her stared at her with shock.

Because of the noise, Hayate woke up. He slowly opened his eyes, regaining his vision again. When he opened his eyes, he saw girls around him. He wasn't surprised of the crowd since this always happens to him. He yawned quietly and rubbed his eyes.

"What time is it...?" He asked, tilting his head. The girls' faces turned red. They all squealed because of Hayate's cuteness.

"If you want to know what time it is, it's 7:30." The boy beside him answered his question. Hayate turned his gaze over to the guy who spoke. It was his best friend, Chiaki.

"Ah, Chiaki, I didn't notice you were there." Hayate said.

"It's because you were sleeping all this time." Chiaki sweatdropped, smiling as he stared at Hayate. Chiaki noticed that the girls are still there, taking pictures of the sleepy guy.

"Umm, girls? You don't want to be a bother to him, right? Then can you leave him alone for now? He doesn't like attention." He said. He didn't want to hurt the girls' feelings so he scolded them politely. They complained and pouted but they walked away anyway.

"It's really tiring to be popular, huh?" Chiaki said, chuckling awkwardly. Hayate nodded. Even though Hayate doesn't show any expressions, Chiaki could tell if he's mad or annoyed. They're best friends after all.

"Want to switch, Chiaki?" Hayate questioned, tilting his head.

Chiaki moved his hand left to right, letting Hayate know that he doesn't want to. "I'll pass." He chuckled. He could see Hayate pouting, that made him laugh a little more.

Hayate was confused why Chiaki was laughing. But since he was too lazy, he didn't even bother to ask. He ignored Chiaki and rested his head on his desk. Just when he thought he could finally rest again, someone called him.

"Hey, Kazumi! Some guys from the Host Club are calling you!" One of their classmates yelled. Hayate tilted his head. He was confused. Why would the Host Club call for him?

He stood up from his seat and headed towards the door.

~•~

(Since this is Hayate's POV and he still doesn't know that Haruhi is a girl. I will write Haruhi as a HE here.)

Hayate twitched his eyebrows as he stared awkwardly at the brown-headed boy who was bowing in front of him. He was also wondering why was there two identical twins frowning while staring mischievously at him. Those ginger headed twins made Hayate sweat even more. 

"You want me to what...?" Hayate asked. His voice was soft and low but they understood anyway. The brown-headed boy raised his head, smiling awkwardly as he looked at Hayate.

"Please join the Host Club!" The brown-headed boy yelled.

Hayate stared at the three suspiciously. He quickly took 3 step backwards, showing them that he doesn't want any part of this.

"Why are you asking me?" Hayate asked. "I don't even know you." He added.

The brown-headed boy flinched, laughing awkwardly as he stared at Hayate. Suddenly, the identical twins behind him snickered. "That's wrong, Haruhi." They said in unison.

"If you want to convince him to join the Host Club," The one from the left said, raising his index finger.

"Then, let's do the way Boss do it." The one from the right added, also raising his index finger.

Out of nowhere, the twin on the right, Hikaru, took out a red rose and held it elegantly. He walked towards to Hayate, who was very confused of what's happening. Hikaru took a step forward. As he leaned his face near to Hayate, the poor boy flinched and his face became pale. Hikaru smirked mischievously.

"Will you join the Ouran High School Host Club?" Hikaru asked, smirking. He thought that he could charm Hayate with his looks since the girls are always obsessed with him.

But instead of Hayate being charmed by Hikaru, his face darkened and showed a disgusted face.

"Get away from me, you pervert." Hayate muttered. Even though his face doesn't show any signs of anger, he could hear the annoyed tone in Hayate's voice.

Hikaru froze. He was shocked by Hayate's response.

Hayate went back in the classroom, closing the door angrily.

The three of them stayed silent. They were surprised by what happened. The silence was broken by Kaoru, who was now laughing because of Hikaru's reaction.

"Hahaha! He thinks that you're a pervert!" Kaoru held his stomach as he continued laughing, tears coming out from his eyes. Hikaru was annoyed. He let out a 'tsk' and furrowed his eyebrows. Kaoru stopped laughing and wiped the tears on his eyes.

"What's with him? That was rude." He grumbled.

Haruhi let out a sigh. "I think the rude one is you," Hikaru flinched, his eyebrows still furrowing.

"Why did you pull that trick on him? Now, he's never going to join the Host club." She said. A hint of sadness in her voice. Hikaru felt a little guilty. He didn't want Haruhi to feel sad.

Suddenly, Kaoru leaned his arms on Hikaru and Haruhi's shoulder. "Well, never say never," Kaoru smiled sweetly.

"We're still not sure if he doesn't want join the Host Club. So, let's just think another way to make him join." Kaoru added.

Haruhi let out a sigh. "You're right." She muttered.

"Let's just go to class." Hikaru said as he walked ahead. Kaoru and Haruhi followed him behind his back.

He was still annoyed by how he didn't managed to charm Hayate. Seriously, what's with him?

~•~