Chapter 2: Come alive

Y/N POV:

I made my way down a few blocks to see that chaos had already ensued among the streets. People stuck under rubble trying to get out but ultimately failing. I ran towards who I knew to be some of my classmates. They were stuck behind poles that had lodged themselves into the curb as rubble prevented it from moving.

Y/N: Hey you guys ok?

Juleka: Y/N! Thank goodness you're here we're stuck, there's no way out!

Kim was the second to speak. He grabbed onto the bars of his newly formed prison cell.

Kim: You gotta get us out of here!

Rose: Please it's getting hard to breathe!

Y/N: I'll get you out of here, I just need time.

I was looking for a way to open up the bars when my eyes landed on an I beam laying on the floor. I ran over and hoisted it over my shoulder. I walked it over and placed it between two bars and started to push it as the bars slowly started to bend.

3rd POV:

As Y/N was busy freeing his friends Lady Bug and Cat Noir had made their way onto the scene. They looked around seeing the destruction and mayhem. The sky started to darken with clouds rapidly but no one really noticed.

Cat Noir: This place looks more damaged than my scratch post.

Lady Bug put her hands on her hips and turned to cat Noir with a small hint of laughter on her face.

Lady Bug: You have a scratch post?

Cat Noir: Claws gotta stay sharp~

He flashed a smirk as Lady Bug just rolled her eyes.

???: I'm afraid claws won't help you this time Kitty Cat~

Immediately both heroes put their backs together while slowly turning around trying to find the voice. Lady Bug looked around before her eyes finally rested against a sun lit (dab) wall that had a shadow on it. The weird part was there was no body connected to the shape. Small sunlit holes wormed into a jagged open mouthed smile and piercing arrow shaped eyes.

???: Boo!

The shadow shot out and grabbed ahold of Cat Noir's shadow by his tail and flung him towards a building.

Lady Bug: CAT NOIR!!!

The shadow didn't relent as it now grabbed Lady Bug and swung her into the ground over and over again as ribs started to break and organs started to bruise. It threw her to a building which sent her straight through the support beams. The building rumbled as it started to lean before finally choosing a direction to fall in. That direction was right over Y/N and his friends.

Kim: Oh man! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!

Y/N pushed harder on the beam causing it to finally break the bars. Kim and Rose were able to escape but as Juleka tried to walk her foot got caught under a piece of falling rubble as she screamed out in pain.

Juleka: GAH!!!

Y/N looked back seeing her hurt. He ran straight for her and tried to free her by lifting the rubble, but to no avail. His heart started to sting causing him to release the rubble and clutch his heart.

Juleka: Y/N, just leave me, that building is coming down I'm stuck so just get going! GO NOW!

Y/N tried to pick up the rubble again, he pushed himself no matter how much it hurt.